“The worst promise you can break is the one you make to yourself.” -David Kirsch
Today, I want to challenge, inspire, and motivate you to keep a promise to the most important person in your life…YOURSELF!
What are the rules of the challenge?
The Promise Challenge comes with four rules, which are:
- Pick one promise that you want to keep to yourself today.
- Keep that promise to the best of your ability.
- Inspire and encourage at least one person to keep a promise to himself or herself.
How can you keep a promise to yourself?
If you are needing help with this challenge, I can provide you five steps to help you keep a promise to yourself today:
- Find you a promise that you know you can keep.
- Come up with a promise that is easy and simple for you to accomplish.
- Let the promise be something that is realistic and practical.
- Have a plan on how you are going to keep your promise.
- Research and gather the information and people needed to help you execute your promise.
- Be prepared to give yourself options in case you run into any difficulties.
- Put into action your plan to keep your promise.
- Move forward with your plan and do whatever it takes to keep your promise.
- Do not let anyone or anything keep you from fulfilling your promise.
- Give yourself the time required to keep your promise.
- Give yourself the time needed to fulfill your promise from start to finish.
- Avoid rushing and procrastinating when it comes to keeping your promise.
- Complete and celebrate keeping your promise.
- Make sure you finish and recognize what you have done as far as keeping your promise goes.
- Do not be ashamed to let the world know how keeping that promise has affected your life through your words and actions.
What are the benefits towards keeping a promise to yourself?
Keeping a promise to yourself can prove to be beneficial to yourself and everyone else affected by your promises. Here are three ways it can be beneficial:
- It can build confidence in yourself.
- Knowing that you can make and keep a promise can build confidence in your abilities to do it again.
- A person who has confidence through keeping their promise will show it in everything that they think, say, and do.
- It allows for you to become trustworthy.
- When you can keep your promise to yourself or anyone else, it provides everyone the opportunity to trust your words and actions.
- A person who is trustworthy is seen as reliable and dependable.
- You become a role model to other people.
- In making and keeping your promise, you become an example for other people to follow as to how to do it.
- When you become a role model in showing other people how to keep promises, it allows for the world to keep their promises one promise at a time.
What promise will I keep to myself?
My promise to myself today and everyday is to inspire at least one person. If I can inspire one person through my posts, my social media sites, or even in person, I am doing my part to make someone smile and feel good about their day and life.
It’s time for you to make and keep a promise to yourself today!
Let me know what promise you kept today to yourself and how did you do it!
Can you make yourself a promise for today?
If you have not had a chance to participate in my other five challenges, please feel free to check them out below and participate:
- The Finisher Challenge: Can You Finish Something You Left Unfinished?
- 50 Word Inspiration Challenge – Can I Inspire You In 50 Words?
- Share Your Melodies To The World Challenge – What Does Your Melodies Tell The World About You?
- The Twinkle Challenge: Can You Make Someone Twinkle Today?
- The Zing Challenge: What Makes You And The Other People Around You Zing?
-Michael J. Fite