“Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with family and friends.” -Thomas S. Monson
Keep this in mind whenever you think about how you live your life.
Today, I want to challenge, inspire, and motivate you to participate in the Relish Challenge! We will discuss the following:
- What are the rules to the Relish Challenge?
- What does it mean to relish?
- What are some things you can relish about in your life?
- What are some benefits to relishing your life?
- Who and what do I relish about in my life?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What are the rules to the Relish Challenge?
The Relish Challenge comes with three rules, which are:
- Make a list of all the people and things that has you relishing about your life.
- Let the people who make you relish know that they do and why.
- Let the world know about at least one person or thing from your list that makes you relish about your life and why.
If you can talk about who and what makes you relish, it can encourage other people to do the same for their lives as well.
What does it mean to relish?
Merriam-Webster defines relish for you…
- To enjoy or take pleasure in something.
When you relish, you are simply taking joy and excitement in the people and things that make your life fun, positive, and, worthwhile.
What are some things you can relish about in your life?
Life does come with its ups and downs for sure, but there are more than enough ups for you to relish in. Here are ten common things to relish in, whether it is you or someone else.
- When you take the time to be involved in the lives of children, you should relish in their growth and evolution from babies into adults.
- Also relish in the fact that you are impacting the leaders of tomorrow with your thoughts, words, and actions.
- Relish in the fact that you have a family that loves and support you through your ups and downs.
- Relish in the people who have provided to you a shoulder to lean on and have been there for you when you needed it the most.
- Relish in the people who have been able to show you love and affection to make you feel wanted and special in the world.
- Your higher power (God, Allah, Buddha, etc.)
- Relish in your higher power who gives you the spiritual strength and guidance to live your life faithfully and righteously.
- Accomplishing your goals and dreams
- Relish in every goal and dream that you have accomplished from start to finish.
- Also relish in the path(s) taken in order you to accomplish your goals and dreams.
- Relish each time you receive a promotion, whether it is professionally or personally.
- Also relish in the work that you put into getting the promotion you have received in your life.
- New ventures
- Relish in each new venture you take to better your life.
- Relish in the positive memories that you have created from your various experiences.
- Also relish in the people, places, and things that have left lasting impressions and unforgettable memories in your mind.
- Relish in all of the different places you have traveled to in your lifetime.
- Also relish in the people and things that have helped made your trips or vacations memorable.
I am sure you can find some more thin to relish about your life, and that is good because the more you find to relish about, the more you realize that you love the life that you got.
What are some benefits to relishing your life?
When you take time to relish your life, it does have some major benefits that will make you love your life even more. Here are four benefits to relishing your life:
- Positive outlook.
- When you relish, it helps you to create a positive outlook on where you are now and where you are going in the future.
- Love of yourself and others around you.
- Your relishing can help you learn to not only love yourself more, but other people who have an active hand in making your life fun and enjoyable.
- Your increased attraction.
- Your relishing becomes an attraction magnet for new people and things to come into your life.
- Better mental health.
- Relishing in your life allows for you not to stress and worry over people and things that are not needed in your life.
The benefits are there for you when you simply decide to relish versus complain about your life.
Who and what do I relish about in my life?
I cannot ask you to participate in the Relish Challenge unless I am willing to do it first. I have a lot to relish about in my life, but I will share with you five of them below:
- At the top of the list has to be God because I relish in the fact that He has been there for me at points where nobody else chose to or could not walk my path.
- I also relish in knowing that no matter what life throws at me, I can simply remain calm and let God show me the plan and path without worrying about the people and things I cannot control.
- My family
- The #1 thing outside of God that I relish in is my family.
- Whether it is my immediate family who lives with me, or the rest of the Fite family in various places, I relish in seeing my family do good things in their lives and being there for one another when it counts.
- My military career
- I relish in my military career because of the journey and how it has changed my life.
- I also relish in all of the people, places, and experiences that I have come across in my journey because they all have played important roles in shaping me into the person that I am now.
- Being a daily life student
- As a student of life, I relish in learning something new daily from you or anyone else that may know something that I do not know.
- I also relish in allowing the lessons and experiences shape me into a better person each day.
- You and other readers like you
- I relish in you, the reader, because you took the time to either read, comment, or share this or any of my other posts.
- I also relish in the fact that you and other readers like you are why I am still able to deliver motivation and inspiration to people who need it the most.
Life is too short not to take the time to relish about the good things that are going on in your life.
It is time for you to relish about the people and things that makes your life a true joy!
Let me and the world know who and what makes you relish!
Who and what makes you relish about your life?
If you have not had a chance to participate in my other six challenges, please feel free to check them out below and participate:
- The Finisher Challenge: Can You Finish Something You Left Unfinished?
- 50 Word Inspiration Challenge – Can I Inspire You In 50 Words?
- Share Your Melodies To The World Challenge – What Does Your Melodies Tell The World About You?
- The Twinkle Challenge: Can You Make Someone Twinkle Today?
- The Zing Challenge: What Makes You And The Other People Around You Zing?
- The Promise Challenge: Can You Make Yourself A Promise For Today?
-Michael J. Fite