“Focus on the step your on so that you can successfully move into the next.” LaVonne Lloyd
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself trying to progress in life. When you are focusing on the step that you are on in life, you give that step the time and attention needed in order for you to accomplish the objectives so that you can move on. When you decide to focus on the other steps, you tend to forget the step right in front of you and it can cause some serious consequences.
It is easy to find yourself trying to rush to get ahead and skip steps, but the problem comes in the fact that you are taking a huge risk with can prove to be costly. Here are a few examples:
- It is like trying to take the steps necessary to drive, but you skip putting on a seatbelt. The price of forgetting your seatbelt could possibly mean a ticket or death.
- It is like trying to take the steps necessary to get married, but you skip sending out invitations. The price of forgetting the invitations could mean family and friends not showing up to perhaps the most important day in your life.
- It is like trying to take the steps necessary to plan a dream vacation during peak season, but you skip booking your room or car in advance. The price of not booking either in advance is either you getting a room or car below your expectation or you being without a room and/or on foot.
When I was 10, I learned this valuable lesson in its simplest form: on the steps! I was upstairs in my room determined to get my box of crayons and colored pencils until I heard my mother call out for me. Being stubborn, I stayed behind until, she told me that Aliens, one of my all-time favorite movies, was on. Being excited, I decided to take off running towards the steps and decided to skip the first step and….I started tumbling down the stairs. Luckily, I did not suffer any injuries, but it could have been bad. By the time I reached the bottom, I got up and my mom reminded me how important that first step was. From that moment on, I have always been cautious of steps, regardless of its shape or form.
I encourage you to take the time to focus on the step that you are presently and deal with it. The reality is that there is no rush for you to get to the next step because when you do, you wind up forgetting the importance of the step that you are on in life. When you take the time and deal with the step you are on, you will find yourself more than ready to deal with the next step in your progression of having a successful relationship, career, or life. Let’s remember that when you progress in your life step-by-step, you will get to your destination a lot sooner than trying to skip and rush the steps.
I have five simple questions to ask you based of my previous work, but they all serve importance in reminding you of how important this step you are on is to you and your goals. Feel free to read them when you get a chance. Also feel free to answer and comment below.
- What Will You Do In The Moment?
- Why Wait On The Storm When You Have Sunshine Now?
- What Will You Motivate And Inspire In Your Life And The World Today?
- What Are You Doing About Tomorrow Today?
- Will You Spend Today Complaining Or Doing Something About It?
-Michael J. Fite