I was nominated to complete this challenge by Matters of Living. I am a fan of the positivity and fun that comes from the work on the page. I am appreciative of the challenge because I love writing challenges of all types!
Before I begin, I want to offer the challenge today to three more people because I know they can deliver positive quotes to make you feel good about life.
- Teresa Smeigh-Advocate for Mental and Invisible Illnesses
- Roberta Pimentel
- Tina Fite-TheTinaFiteProject
It is now time to get into today challenge and inspiration for day #3. Here is today’s quote brought to you by Eleanor Roosevelt.
“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Keep this in mind about the things you think you cannot do in your life.
In your life, there has been at least one thing that you have thought that you could not do. I want to start off by asking you this first question:
Who gave you the thought or idea that you cannot do something in your life?
This is an important question because there is only two sources where you would get such an idea that you cannot do something in your life that could lead to success: you or someone else. Whether it is you or someone else, here are three things you must take into consideration about what effect it has on your thoughts about something:
- If it is something that you cannot envision or see, you may think that you cannot do it.
- If you feel that the timing is not right, you will either wait or not even try.
- If you think that something is becoming too hard for you, you may quit.
The person who plants the negativity in your mind is preventing you from doing what you need to do.
What is the thing that you must do that you think you cannot?
The answer to this question already lies inside of you waiting for you realize it. Whether you share the answer with someone or not, you know the one thing that you must do. Here are three things that you must know about that one thing that you must do:
- That one thing you must do is meant for you to do for a reason.
- Without faith or confidence, you will not make an attempt at doing the one thing that you must do.
- If you do not do it, you will be missing out on an opportunity at success.
Whatever it may be, it is important to know it and take action on that one thing.
Who or what is holding you back from doing the one thing that you think you cannot do?
This can vary for you depending on the one thing that is holding you back. Whomever or whatever it is, I will share with you three more things:
- Nobody or nothing can hold you back from doing what you do unless you personally give that person or thing permission verbally and non verbally.
- Whomever or whatever is holding you back is doing so out of the fear of the unknown.
- When you are ultimately judged for that one thing you should do, people will only look at and blame you for not doing it versus anyone or anything else.
It is on you to do the one thing that you think you cannot because nobody else has the power to stop you from doing whatever you need to do in your life.
Let’s remember that you are capable of the very thing you think you cannot as long do not let people or things get in the way of you achieving the task.
In my question section, I only have the three questions above for you to give some thought about you doing what you need to do. You may choose to share your answers or keep them to yourself, but I want you understand that if you want to do what you need to do, you will do it no matter who or what stands in your way.
-Michael J. Fite