I want to start off with a quote from Kushandwizdom:
“Don’t give up just because of what someone said. Use that as motivation to push harder.” -Kushandwizdom
Keep this in mind whenever you hear someone say something to you that could cause you give up.
In your lifetime, all of the people you have met and will meet in your life will fall into two categories:
- Those who want you to succeed (motivators and optimists).
- Those who want you to fail (doubters and pessimists).
Some of the people you have met and meet will switch categories depending on what you share with them. Based off their advice to you, you will either choose to give up or keep going.
If you find yourself giving up whenever someone says something to you, then I have some questions for you that can help guide you toward keeping going versus giving up. If you are finding yourself continuing to keep going, you can look at the questions and share this with someone who may find themselves giving up whenever someone says something to them.
Why do you give up whenever someone says something negative about your goals and dreams?
The reasons can vary due to whom you share your goals and dreams with. I want to offer three facts that you need to know:
- If you ask someone to listen and offer feedback about your goals and dreams, you are also accepting whatever feedback, positive or negative, that they have to offer.
- No matter what people have to say about your goals and dreams, they have no power to make you do anything unless you granted those words power.
- People will look back at your failures and not blame people and their negative words as the reason. They will blame you for not believe enough in yourself and the things you wanted to accomplish in your life.
You cannot let people talk you out of your accomplishing your goals and dreams because your future depends on it.
What happens when you use those same negative words as motivation to keep going?
There is no telling what will exactly happen to you when you use the negative words as motivation due to your mental state of mind. Here are three additional facts that can help you:
- When you choose to use those negative words as motivation to keep going, you are saying to the world that you will continue to fight on regardless of what is said about your goals and dreams.
- Some people offer up negative words to your goals and dreams in hopes that you will rise above and continue to go after your goals and dreams.
- There is no guarantee that you will conquer your goals and dreams if you move past those negative words, but at least you give yourself a fighting chance continuing until the end versus giving up without even trying.
You can use the negative words to your advantage and go after what it is that you seek and desire.
If you are needing help to make this happen, this last question will offer you some guidance.
What are five steps you can take to turn the words of negativity into motivation to succeed?
If you are going to succeed at your goals and dreams, you are going to have to push harder to make it happen. Here is how you can do it.
- Understand why people make negative comments about your goals and dreams.
- Ask the people who make the negative comments so that you understand why they think and feel the way that they do about your goals and dreams.
- Revisit and adapt your goals and dreams.
- Use the feedback given to revisit your goals and dreams to see if you need to make changes or stay on the same path so that you can succeed either way.
- Reaffirm and commit yourself to your goals and dreams.
- Remind yourself that you are capable of overcoming the negativity and commit yourself towards achieving your goals and dreams despite the negativity.
- Move on from the negative comments and continue your pursuit of your goals and dreams.
- When you are ready, start moving forward and beyond the comments by having faith in the process and doing the things that will bring your closer to success.
- Go back to thank the people who inspired you through their negative comments.
- It is important to do so because without their negativity, you would not have pushed harder and developed the toughness to succeed.
If you apply these five steps, you will be able to overcome and succeed despite whatever may be said about your goals and dreams.
Let’s remember that there is no word that can stop you from accomplishing anything you want in life as long as you do not let it.
In the question section, I want you to give some serious thought to the questions above and share your answers and comments below. Your answers and insight can help yourself and other people understand how can you still succeed no matter what anyone says about your goals and dreams.