“In every bad situation, life gives you a second chance to make it right. Some take it, others leave it and most don’t see it.” -Brain Balance Georgia
Keep this in mind when it comes to second chances in your life.
I want to start off by asking you this interesting question:
How often do you get a second chance at something you want to accomplish?
As you reflect on this question, you will find that you have had your fair share of second chances. What you decided to do with those second chances in the past have shaped and determined your life up to this point.
Today’s inspiration is simply about understanding the decision of whether or not you should take the second chance when it comes. Armed with pros and cons, you will be able to make that decision for yourself and do what you feel is right for you and your life.
Before we get into the decision, we must look at one important question:
When a second chance comes, is the decision as easy as it looks?
The answer to this question depends from person to person and from circumstance to circumstance. Here are five questions to consider whenever you are looking at a second chance:
- Am I ready and prepared for this second chance?
- What will make this second chance different from the first chance?
- Will I repeat or overcome the reasons why I failed the first time?
- Can I handle the possibility of not succeeding for a second time?
- Will I be successful with this second chance?
These five questions are meant to get you truly thinking and understand that there is a lot to consider prior to making a decision on a second chance.
What will you do with your second chance?
If you get a second chance to accomplish your goals and dreams, be thankful and appreciative because such opportunities do not always present themselves in your life. Given that you have a second chance, you have two options. I will present you with your options along with the pros and cons so that you can make the choice for yourself.
Option #1: Take advantage of your second chance!
If you are deciding this option, you are making the decision to make this second chance count and do what it takes to achieve your goals and dreams.
- You give yourself another chance to accomplish your goals and dreams.
- You get a chance to apply the lessons that you have learned from missing out or failing on the first chance.
- You may achieve victory this time and may not have to hope for another chance to come around.
- You may not apply all the lessons that you learned from missing out or failing on the first chance.
- You may find yourself not fully prepared during your second chance to take advantage of the moment.
- You may fail at accomplishing your goals and dreams for a second time causing you to feel rejected.
Taking advantage of your second chance can be beneficial when you are successful, but can also be harmful if you fall short of succeeding.
Option #2: Pass on your second chance!
If you are deciding this option, you may not feel that the second chance is for you to take advantage of, and you may be okay with not accomplishing that goal or dream.
- You do not have to worry about failing for a second time.
- You can move on leave the that goal or dream that you did not accomplish in the past.
- It gives you a chance to focus your energy and resources on achieving other goals and dreams.
- You may not get another chance to achieve that particular goal or dream.
- You do not get a chance to apply what you have learned the first time around towards trying a second time.
- You may be wondering what if or have regrets about passing on your second chance.
Passing up on your chance can allow for you to go in another direction, but it can also leave you wondering and asking questions if you are not totally sure that you made the right choice.
Let’s remember that in order to make the best decision on your second chances, you cannot treat every second chance the same.
In addition to the questions above, I have five questions that I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- What is your personal take on second chances?
- How often does second chances work in your life?
- Can you recall a moment where you were given a second chance and it turned out to be successful for you?
- How has that moment affected your life?
- What would you recommend to someone who is considering what to do with his or her second chances in life?
Your comments and answers can help yourself or someone else take the time and decide what to do with any second chance that may come in life.