I want to start off with a personal comment of mine:
“Giving and receiving thanks is not only reserved for Thanksgiving Day. Every day can be Thanksgiving Day if we all take the time to give thanks to and receive thanks from at least one person daily.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind whenever you wonder how can the spirit and energy you feel on Thanksgiving Day can extend beyond that day.
Thanksgiving Day gives an opportunity for family and friends to come together to celebrate and give thanks to one another. For some, it means a big feast of food and drinks. For others, it means a festive party with sports and music. When you are apart of such a good time, it makes you feel good and thankful for the people and things that are in your life.
As good as Thanksgiving Day can feel and how thankful and peaceful you are, I must dig into some tough questions:
Do you give and receive thanks in the same manner that you do on Thanksgiving Day everyday?
If you do give and receive thanks everyday in the same manner that you do Thanksgiving Day, then you are doing more than your part to spread and keep the gratitude going. If you find yourself not doing this everyday, then I want to share three facts with you:
- If you are not taking the time daily to give thanks to or for somebody or something, you could be missing out on the opportunity to show your appreciation when it counts the most.
- Not receiving thanks can make you or someone else feel unappreciated or unimportant when you expect it the most.
- Because tomorrow is not guaranteed, you cannot take for granted any day that you do not show thanks because you or that person may not have tomorrow to say and receive thanks.
It is important to make sure that you do your best to keep the Thanksgiving Day feeling going every day.
What will happen if you practice giving and receiving thanks everyday?
It is amazing what can happen when you practice giving and receiving thanks everyday. Here are three additional facts that you need to know:
- Giving thanks daily will allow for people to see and identify the people and things that are important and valuable in your life.
- Receiving thanks daily from somebody cheers up your soul and lets you know when you are doing something right.
- Getting in the cycle of giving and receiving thanks everyday will encourage other people to do the same.
You can help make a world of difference when you decide to practice the art of giving and receiving thanks everyday. If you are needing some help in this area, the last question will give you what you need.
What are three ways you can practice giving and receiving thanks everyday?
Practicing giving and receiving thanks everyday will not take a lot of your time or energy. Here are three ways you can practice giving and receiving thanks everyday:
- Make a list and update it daily.
- Jot down on paper, notebook, diary, or computer all of the people and things that you are thankful for.
- Also make a list of how people offered thanks to you so that you come up with new ways to give thanks.
- Use your blog and social media.
- Take the time to offer to your followers and readers on your blog or social media site to give thanks.
- In addition, practice responding and following people who take the time to follow and like your blog and social media pages.
- Show it in person.
- Take a moment each day to give thanks in person to your family, friends, co-workers, and even total strangers who have played a role in you having a good day.
- When someone gives you thanks in person, take the time to acknowledge the thanks.
If you can take the time to utilize any of the ways listed above, you will be doing your part in creating a thankful environment.
Let’s remember that being thankful is a continuous cycle of giving and receiving, and if you are willing to keep the cycle going in your life, you will show people how to do the same and make the world a thankful place.
In the question section, I want you to give some serious thought to the questions above and share your answers below. In addition I want to offer up four posts that I want you to read when you have a chance and I will tell you why below:
- Why Do I Value And Thank You, The Reader?
- It is important to give back some form of appreciation to your readers, which is why I wrote this.
- What Is The Power Of Your Praise?
- It is important to learn how to give praise whenever it is necessary without delay.
- The Zing Challenge: What Makes You And The Other People Around You Zing?
- You can share with people what makes you feels good so that they can keep it going.
- The Relish Challenge: Who Or What Makes You Relish About Your Life?
- It is a good challenge to not let people know what makes you relish, but share with other people to do the same thing.
Your answers and insight can help yourself and other people understand the value of giving and receiving thanks everyday.
-Michael J. Fite