“Imagine if you took one second, one minute, or one hour on your clock to make a change for the better. If you do, success will reward you for your time.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind when you think about the power of your time. You may not think that one second, one minute, or one hour may make a difference, but it really does. Here is how:
In one second, there are 50 different things you can do. Samantha Zabell at Real Simple shares what you can do with a leap second in her article entitle: 50 Things You Can Do With An Extra Second. I will highlight the first ten, but you can read more by clicking on the link here.
- Snap your fingers (one time).
- Look right.
- Look left.
- Glance out the window.
- Glance in a mirror.
- Say, “Hi.”
- Stick out your tongue.
- Lick an ice cream cone.
In a minute or less, there are 40 different things that you can do. Chris at Man Made shares what you can do with a minute of your time in his article entitled: 40 Things You Can Do In One Minute Or Less That Will Make Your Life That Much Better. I will highlight the first ten, but you can read more by clicking here.
- Make your bed.
- Go around your house and pick up all the dishes and drinking glasses on your nightstand and coffee table.
- Trim your toe nails.
- Clean off your computer desktop.
- Wipe off your bathroom mirror.
- Open all the mail and envelopes you know aren’t important.
- Pull in your trash, recycling, and compost bins from the curb.
- Plug in your phone and charge it.
- Take that pile of shoes by the front door (or under the coffee table) and put them where they belong.
- Wash that plate or cereal bowl instead of putting it in the sink.
In an hour or less, there are 101 things that you can do. Alaina Sullivan at Care.com shares what you can do with a kid-free hour in her article entitled: 101 Things To Do With An Extra Hour. I will highlight the first ten, but you can read more by clicking here.
- Take a much-needed, well-deserved nap.
- Discover your om: Catch a yoga class.
- Take a hot bubble bath.
- Enjoy one hour of uninterrupted time with your spouse or significant other.
- Grocery shop without kids begging you to buy every sugary snack.
- Catch up on all the adult shows that fill your DVR.
- Watch your favorite sports team on TV.
- Sit in the park and enjoy the quiet.
- Call your parents or family.
- Call a friend to catch up.
What I want you to know is that your time is very valuable and precious like your money. You want to make sure that you are spending it wisely and getting the most out of it. These articles only scratche the surface, and lets you know that where you think there is no time for something, there is if you want to use it.
I encourage you to take that one second, one minute, or one hour out of your clock and do something positive with it. Invest, rest, plan a vacation, find love, or whatever you feel that would you the change and happiness you deserve. When you do, you will see the true value of your time when you start seeing the results come in. Let’s remember that your clock is ticking, so take one second, one minute, or hour and do something to make your time count.
I have a few questions based on some of my previous work that focuses on trying to see what are you going to do with this minute, second, or hour that you have. Feel free to read them when you get a chance. Also feel free to answer or comment below.
- What Will You Do In The Moment?
- What Difference Do You Make Right Now?
- When Will You Start Driving To Your Success?
- Why Wait On The Storm When You Have Sunshine Now?
- Are You Ready To Go Forth And Conquer?
- What Will You Motivate And Inspire In Your Life And The World Today?
- What Seed Will You Plant Into Your World Today?
- What Are You Doing About Tomorrow Today?
- When Will You Take Action In Your Life?
- How Much Is Your Time Worth?
-Michael J. Fite