“Happiness is something we reap from the seeds we sow. Plant misery seeds and that us what you reap.” -Stephen Richards
Keep this in mind whenever you think about what you put out into the world because it truly matters more than what you think. When you plant happiness into your life and the world, you receive happiness back and the world benefits when you have joy in your heart. When you plant misery into your life and the world, you receive misery back and develop a negative outlook on life.
The movie ‘Inside Out’ serves as the best example of how your seeds work. I will talk about two of the emotions, how they each affected the main character Riley, and how you can they can impact you.
Joy (The Emotion of Happiness):
- Joy’s job is to plant the seeds of happy thoughts into Riley’s memories.
- When Riley has such memories, it inspires her to believe in the good moments and think that she can do just about anything right.
- When you plant joy into the world through positivity, laughter, love, and kindness, it will show in your life and into the world through how you speak and act towards yourself and towards other people.
Sadness (The Emotion of Sadness):
- Sadness brings out the seeds of misery into Riley’s memories.
- When Riley has such memories, it brings her down and she loses confidence in her ability to do anything.
- When you plant sadness into the world through negativity, hate, selfishness, and harshness, it will show in your life and the world through how you speak act towards yourself and towards other people.
The impact of the what you plant into your life and the world is bigger than you can imagine. It is important to be mindful of what you think, say, and do because they have the potential to grow into something that can have a lasting effect, either positively or negatively on you and the world. Let’s remember that you control the seeds you plant into the world around you, and what you plant is what you harvest into your world.
What seed(s) will you plant into your world today?
-Michael J. Fite