“Knowledge will continue to overpower you because it taught you something yesterday, it is teaching you something today, and it will teach you something tomorrow if you live to see tomorrow.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind when you think about the power of knowledge.
Knowledge is very powerful because it is something that we all strive to gain and have from birth. Whether it is from knowing our names to being able to figure out the answer to a complex problem, gaining knowledge does make people feel good.
The beauty about knowledge is that no two people have the same knowledge level. There are some things that one person may know that another person may not know. It does not mean that one person is better than another intellectually, but it does means that what everyone knows individually is unique.
Today’s inspiration is about your knowledge. As much as you may know, there is still some things that you do not know regardless of age or experience. The goal is not only for you to recognize what you know and do not know, but to find out what do you want to know and how to gain knowledge. When you realize that you can gain knowledge, the possibilities will be endless.
Now that you know the goal, it is time to ask you a few questions!
What do you know?
If you were to sit down and answer this question, the answer to this question may be quite lengthy. It is a good thing because what you know can be what inspire and help someone else. It can be dangerous if you are using your knowledge to harm either yourself or other people.
What do you not know?
I am sure there is a list of things that you do not know. Some of the things you do not know may attribute from the following three things:
- Lack of desire or interest to know.
- You simply have no reason or need to know about certain people and things.
- Lack of information about those things.
- You may not have information readily available to you to learn about certain people and things.
- The time or day for you to know has either not come yet or has already passed you by.
- You cannot know about someone or something if it is not the right time for you know.
- You may be too late in knowing about someone or something that could have benefited you.
Do not feel bad that you do not know everything because nobody knows it all. Just like you, I do not have all the answers due to a combination of the three factors listed above. There is no telling as to how what you do not know will affect you or when it will affect you.
What do you want to know?
The answer to this question will be ongoing because every day, there will be at least one thing that you want to know the answer to. The desire to want to know will inspire you to ask questions and do whatever is necessary to find the answers.
What are five things that will help you to gain knowledge?
If you are going to gain knowledge daily, the following five things will help you accomplish your goal:
- Ask questions.
- Questions can provide answers that will give you valuable knowledge.
- Do research.
- Your research online, in a book, or by travelling does will give insight that will inspire you to want to learn more.
- Listen and observe.
- When you listen to and observe the people and things you want to know, you can learn how to handle and accept that person or thing.
- Trial and error.
- In you trying and making mistakes, you are going to gain knowledge as to what did not work so that you can try something else that may work.
- Show patience.
- In your ability to be patient, you can see and gain more knowledge than you would if you decide to rush things.
These five things will help you gain the knowledge that can not only benefit you, but also other people who are looking to you to show them how to gain knowledge.
Let’s remember that no matter what you are doing, you are constantly gaining knowledge, but how you use that knowledge will determine how powerful and impactful you will be towards yourself and other people.
In the question section, I want to you to give thought to the following questions. Feel free to comment and share below:
- How has knowledge empowered you?
- What makes you not want to learn about certain people and things?
- What are some things that you want to know about life?
- What are you willing to do in order to gain and accept the knowledge that you are seeking?
- What would you recommend to someone else who wanting to know the power of knowledge?
Your comments and answers can help yourself or someone else realize that there is still a lot left to learn, and as long as you recognize the power of knowledge and how to get it, you can achieve whatever you put your mind to.