“To make a mistake or not make a mistake? That choice is yours to make, but no matter what you choose, you must live with the choice and the outcome.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself on the brink of making a mistake.
Every day, you will find yourself on the brink of making a mistake, whether you believe it or not. Some days, you will be on the brink more times than other days. There will be some mistakes that will be more visible than others.
What will you do when you are on the verge of making a mistake? There are only two options that you can do when it comes up:
- Make the mistake.
- Avoid making the mistake.
The debate on which one to choose will vary from person to person and from situation to situation. Without knowing what the outcome will be from your decision, you have to decide what to do based on the information that you have at the time.
The goal of today’s inspiration is to give you the necessary information to decide what you will do whenever you are faced with a mistake. Once you have the information needed, we will answer this important question:
To make a mistake or not to make a mistake?
Now it is time to look further in-depth with our two options!
Option #1: Make the mistake.
You have the choice to make the mistake. Although this may not be a popular decision to make, I want to share with you the positives and negatives to making the mistake:
- It can bring to light issues that need to be addressed.
- It can create opportunities for you to learn and improve.
- It can help you avoid making the same mistake twice.
- It can create more problems than solutions.
- It can cause setbacks and delays in your timetable of accomplishing your goals and dreams.
- Depending on the mistake and outcome, you may not be able to recover from it.
If you are going to make the mistake, understand that it is comes with a high risk, but if it works out in your favor, it definitely can be a high reward. If it does not work in your favor, you will definitely pay a high cost.
Option #2: Do not make the mistake.
You also have the option to not make the mistake. Perhaps the safer option to make whenever you are unsure of the risks, I want to share with you the positives and negatives of not making the mistake:
- It can keep you from experiencing the mistake and the outcome that may come from it.
- You do not have to take time out to fix whatever damage that could have come should you have made the mistake.
- You can stay focused on following directions and staying on a safe path.
- You cannot find issues or areas for improvement.
- You can be lulled into complacency thinking everything is fine.
- You do not take a risk that could ultimately prove to be beneficial to you in the long-term.
If you are not going to make the mistake, do understand that you save yourself from the headaches of making the mistake, but you also have to deal with having a bit of curiosity about the possibilities.
Now onto the big question…
To make a mistake or not make a mistake?
The answer to this question depends strictly on you. To help you understand and prepare your mind to make such a decision, here are three more facts for you to consider:
- No matter what anyone may say or tell you, you ultimately decide what you will do.
- You will not truly know the outcome of your decision until you make the decision first.
- Whatever you decide you do regarding the mistake at hand, you must be prepared to accept your decision along with the outcome.
Making such a decision does come with serious consequences, so you must choose what you feel is in your best interest.
Let’s remember that as long as you understand your options and choose what you feel is best for you when it comes to your mistakes, you can deal with the consequences in the long run.
In the question section, I have a few questions that I want you to give some thought to. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- Have you ever found yourself on the verge of making a mistake?
- When faced with the mistake at hand, what did you decide and why?
- How did your decision affect your life?
- If you could do it over again, would you still make the same decision or change your mind?
- What would you tell someone who is faced with being on the verge of making a mistake?
Your answers and comments can help someone figure out and understand the importance of dealing with making a decision concerning a mistake. The comments and answers can also serve as a guide towards making a decision and living with the outcomes regardless of what may happen.
2 thoughts on “To Make A Mistake Or Not Make A Mistake: What Should You Do?”
Great blog! So helpful to look at the mistakes and see them as lessons and look at good decisions and realize you may be lulled into complacency and not gain experience and in perseverance. Thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your comment, insight, and appreciation Shoen! Mistakes do come with lessons for all of us to learn from. I agree that good decisions can lull you in complacency because you never will think anything is wrong from time to time.