Let me first start off by saying it is always an honor when someone gives you an award recognizing you for the work that you put into your blog and posts. Regardless of whether it is your first, second, or 100th award, you always appreciate the recognition because it reminds you of how important your readers and followers are. When you get an award, you should appreciate it, continue to do the right things, and help recognize people for their hard work when they deserve it!
How did I start blogging?
In June 2006, I started blogging with one goal in mind: To motivate and inspire one person! I know it sounds like I had low expectations at the time, but my mindset was to make sure my post reached the one person who needed the inspiration and motivation to feel better about life.
Obviously, that mission has blossomed beyond my expectations. Here is where my journey has taken me:
- What started out with 1 post has grown to 130 posts (this one included).
- What was meant to reach one person has reached over 1,500 people in 5o different countries.
- In not expecting any followers or likes has led to 480 followers and 2,600 likes across Facebook, Twitter, and Michael J. Fite.
- I did not anticipate people inviting me to guest blog, but I thank Dustin Meyer at The Evolutionary Mind and Ngobesing Romanus at Success Inspirers’ World for allowing me the opportunity to share with their subscribers as well.
The beautiful thing about this journey is still ongoing, and with each post, I learn something new from everyone who visits my page.
What two pieces of advice can I give to new bloggers?
- Keep writing until you find what works for you and your blog.
- Not everyone strikes gold with their first post (me included).
- It is important to keep writing until you find a style that you love and that is received well by those who visit your page.
- When you keep writing, you are giving yourself a fighting chance to be a successful blogger.
- Do not forget about the people who come to your page.
- On your way to be successful as a blogger, never forget about the people who viewed, liked, commented, shared, and even followed you.
- From time to time, make sure you thank people through responding to their comments, writing content that they appreciate, and even visiting their page to either like or follow their content.
- When you do not forget about people who visit you, they have a tendency to not forget about you too.
Who do I thank for this award?
I want to give thanks to Dreamer On A Cloud for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! I appreciate Dreamer for her creative content and how inspiring her posts can be. Whether it is poetry or advice, I can count on her to be one of the many rays of sunshine that I am proud to be follower of.
Who are the nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award?
In choosing the nominees, this is not easy because I enjoy all of the bloggers in when I follow. Here are my choices for the award and please check them out when you get a chance:
- Art By Rob Goldstein – I had the opportunity to interact with Rob and understand his passion for music and the arts. His page covers a wide variety of topics and will keep you interested.
- MySestina – Sestina has become one of my favorite bloggers recently because of her insight and creativity. She has a way of engaging and making her followers feel connected with her vision.
- Victor’s Corner – Victor has a great site that covers family, life, and living. I appreciate the good advice that he gives and so does the 1100 people who follow him too.
- The Tina Fite Project – Tina Fite, my wife, has a site that focuses on her personal journey in life. What I love about her writing that does not get recognition for is that she speaks from the heart does not hold back about what goes on in her life.
- PsychPerspectives – PsychPerspectives comes with content that gets you thinking about all areas of life. I appreciate how he connects himself with his writing so that people can understand and relate at the same time.
- Thoughtsnlifeblog – I appreciate Bella for developing content in ways that put her viewers in a good place. For me, I enjoy how she is able to motivate and inspire through meditation.
- Success Inspirers’ World – Ngobesing and the Solidarity Bloggers can inspire and motivate in many ways. It is one of the reasons why I do guest blog with him.
- Matthew Winters Ministries – Matthew does a very good job using his ministry to keep people motivated and inspired to serve God. I love how he down to earth and open about his life to those who read his posts.
- The Daddy Blitz – As a father, I can appreciate fellow fathers with wholesome values. This blog shares genuine views about family, christian, and political values.
- A Opinionated Man – I appreciate Jason because of his ability to be open and honest about whatever he writes. I am happy to be a follower of his blog.
- Nomadic Adventurer – I love a good adventure and this is one site that have wonderful pictures of different places that I have placed in my own bucket list of places to see one day.
- Sascha Darlington’s Microcosm Explored – Sascha is very creative and versatile when it comes to writing. I enjoy the fact that the each post takes you on a good journey.
- TinzRant – Tinuke does a great job discussing relationship issues and creating diaologue. I enjoy watching and participating in the discussions because they are fruitful and informative.
- BeLikeWater – A great site that gives back a lot to their viewers and even give opportunities to be guest contributors to their site. I appreciate them sharing some of my content with their viewers.
- The Evolutionary Mind – One of the reason why I agreed to join Dustin and The Evolutionary Mind team is because of his ability share inspiration and motivation with people that reminds me a bit of myself. I am happy to be apart of a team that is not afraid to deliver inspiration and motivation into the world.
What are the rules for the Blogger Recognition Award?
For all the nominees, here are the rules if you choose to accept:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
I hope that you choose to not only accept, but also give this award as well as other award to those people you see are trying to make the blogging community a better place. I thank each of the nominees for being good examples for the blogging community to follow.
-Michael J. Fite