“Don’t let people who are living their nightmare tell you that you can’t live your dream.” -PictureQuotes.com
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself determining whom to take advice from in certain situations. You may find yourself determining who to take advice from, and the people wind up mostly in two categories:
- They are living a nightmare.
- People in this category are in a situation where it seems like nothing is wrong and everything they do is considered to be a failure.
- Mentally and physically, they are broken down to where they have no faith or confidence in themselves nor their abilities.
- What makes them most dangerous for you is that they can spread their path of negativity onto you causing you to follow in their footsteps of failures.
- They are living their dream.
- People in this category are in a situation where they are living and doing what they wanted to do.
- Mentally and physically, they are feeling good and gaining confidence in their ability to make things work regardless of whatever is thrown in their way.
- What makes them good for you is that they will inspire, motivate, and guide you on how to become successful in whatever you choose to do in life.
Prior to enlisting the military, I had a conversation with my employer at the time that put the two in perspective for me. He was living his life and enjoying his own construction company. As for me, I was at a crossroads of sorts. Most people around me were living in their own nightmare of sorts, and I had found myself in similar nightmares being that I allowed myself to go down my own road of nightmares to where I was at a dead-end.
In his office, we sat down and talked about it. He told me that I have an opportunity to live my life, and even though he would have loved to keep me on, there is nowhere else to go there and that I needed to take the opportunity to enlist and see what happens. I needed that conversation more than I needed because he inspired me to go live my dream and not look back. To this day, I consider that as the moment I stopped living a nightmare and started living my dream.
You do have a choice to either live a nightmare or live your dream. It comes down to whom you will listen to and what you will do about your situation. If you choose to live and stay in your nightmare based on other people living their own nightmares, you will get stuck in your own nightmare, and you may never get back on track. In trying to live your dream, you may have some nightmares along the way, but with the support of those who are living their dream and your confidence, you will be able to overcome and reach your destiny. Let’s remember that you cannot live your dream of success listening to someone living in a nightmare; it can only be done by those living their dream or success.
I have a few questions to ask you based on some of my previous posts. Feel free to read them and leave your answers and comments:
- What Is Stopping You From Reaching Your Dreams?
- Who Will You Surround Yourself With?
- Do You Take The Advice Of Your Fears Or Your Confidence?
- Do You Succumb Or Overcome Your Fears?
- Are You Ready To Go Forth And Conquer?
-Michael J. Fite