“Living life is like travelling a highway. There will be moments where you will be moving and moments where you will need to stop. As long as you reach your destination, it does not matter how many times you stop and go.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind when it comes to understanding the ebb and flow of life.
If you are finding yourself in stopping and going throughout your life, it is okay because we all experience it. Whether it is in highway traffic, standing in line at a store or an event, waiting to be answered by an operator on a phone, or even at a drive-thru, there will be moments where you will have to experience stopping and going.
If you are not liking the idea of stopping and going in your life, let’s answer a few questions to see how you can master the art of stopping and going in your life.
What is wrong with the stop and go traffic in your life?
The idea of stopping and going constantly when you are trying to build and maintain momentum towards achieving a goal or dream can be frustrating. It some cases, it can make achieving your goals take longer. When it comes to your life, here are three things you need to know about the stop and go traffic in your life:
You can try to avoid stop and go traffic, but it will find you at some point in your life.
Stop and go traffic will test your patience because you have to move at the snail pace of the pack for an unknown distance.
You may not have full control over when you experience stop and go traffic in your life, but you are in control of ensuring you reach your destination.
Stop and go traffic in your life may be something you may not desire, but it is something you have to deal with.
What can my I-40 cross country experience show you about your own stop and go traffic?
In my experience of having to drive over 2,100 miles cross-country from California to Tennessee across Interstate 40 last year, I got the opportunity to experience some stop and go traffic that made do some thinking. Here are four things that I have learned that I think can help you put your stop and go traffic in perspective.
Stop and go traffic can come at any time.
Unless there is a point for a U-turn, you have no choice but to deal with it.
If you wait your turn and move with the traffic, you will eventually get through the stop and go traffic.
If you are not careful with your actions, you could be the reason why yourself and other people could be stopping and going.
I will say that these four points are important for you to know because stop and go traffic can have an impact on everyone who experiences it for whatever reason.
What are five things you can do to conquer the stop and go traffic in your life?
Being that you have stop and go traffic in your life, you must understand how to conquer it and become successful. Here are five things you can do in order to master it:
- Find out why you stop and going through research and asking people who either are experiencing or have experienced similar moments.
- Instead of trying to rush or lose your cool, take your time and let things naturally unfold.
- Do not let the stop and go traffic cause you to give up on completing your goals and dreams because the moment that you do, you may not get the momentum back.
- Take advantage of the moments where you are stopping to make any necessary changes to continue moving.
Stay The Course.
- No matter what happens along the way, continue to keep moving towards your end goal, and do the little things that will allow for you to stay the course to success.
If you can do these five things, you will find your achieving your goal may take a little time, but it will pay off when you do accomplish them.
Let’s remember that you will have to stop at some point when you are moving, but you are responsible for ensuring that you do what it take to get back moving towards your goals and dreams.
In the question section, I want you to give some serious thought to the questions above. In addition, I have four questions that I like for you to look at and think about. Feel free to share your answers and comments below.
- How often do you encounter stop and go traffic in your life?
- When you are trying to move towards achieving your goals and dreams, what are some things that try to stop and prevent you from going forward?
- How do you overcome the obstacles that try to stop you from moving forward?
- What do you recommend to someone who is trying to conquer their own stop and go traffic in his/her personal life?
Your answers and insight can help yourself and other people understand that stop and go traffic is something that you can handle in any phase of your life as long as you are willing to do what it takes to conquer it.
3 thoughts on “What Are Five Things You Can Do To Conquer The Stop And Go Traffic In Your Life?”
Good read. Quite a nice reminded of why we should never give up.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your comment and appreciation Islandgirl!
LikeLiked by 1 person