“The best feeling in the world is finally knowing you took a step in the right direction, a step towards the future where everything that you never thought was possible, is possible.” -Unknown
Keep this in mind when it comes to you moving towards the next point in your life.
I want to start off by asking you three questions:
- Do you ever think about how you got to this point in your life?
- Do you often think about where you are heading?
- Do you know how to get to where you are going?
In thinking about these three questions, I want you to really reflect on where you have come from to get here and where you are going next. It is important because it is how the world gets to know what you have been through to get here and know where it is that you want to be next in your journey.
Today’s inspiration is about understanding how you got here and where you are going. The goal is for you to be proud of what you have done, but also prepare yourself for where it is that you want to go in your life.
With that being said, it is time to get into answering some questions!
How did you get to this point in your life?
This is a question that requires some time for you to reflect on because it took quite a lot for you to make it from your day of birth until today. In figuring out how you got to this point in your life, I want to give you three points that will serve as guides:
- The path that you took to get to this point consisted of the choices and decisions that either you made or someone you allowed on your behalf to make.
- Getting to this point consisted of you facing the many ups and downs at various stages of your life.
- In getting to this point, there were people and resources at various points to help guide you tin the direction you needed to go.
Getting to this point in your life has required a lot of work, but it is an accomplishment to see that you are here and living to see today. That truly deserves a pat on the back and congratulations!
Do you know where you want to go next?
This is another question that may take some time for you reflect on because there are so many ways you can go from here. In helping you with this, I want to offer you three more points to consider:
- Knowing where you want to go gives you a sense of direction and guide as to what your next steps will be.
- Deciding where you want to go next in your life will not only affect you, but also other people whom may come and go out of your life.
- If you do not make the decision as to where you want to go next, someone else or life’s circumstances will make the choice for you.
Having an idea or decision about where you want to go next in your life is vital towards you accomplishing the goals and dreams that you want to achieve in your life.
What are five steps to help you get to where you want to go next?
If you know where you are trying to go next in your life, I want to give you five steps that will help you in accomplishing this very thing. Even if you do not know where you are quite going yet, these five steps will come in handy whenever you know for sure:
- Have a plan.
- It is important as you move forward to develop a plan with achievable steps, goals, and rewards along the way to keep you focused and engaged.
- Make sure your plan comes with options in case you have to make detours along the way.
- You can achieve this by writing this in a book, vision board/poster board, or even typing it out.
- Get your support group in place.
- A good support group will provide the necessary guidance and support needed to keep you on track and make sure you are heading in the right direction.
- Good people to have in your support group would be the following:
- Family and friends who are supportive of your vision.
- People who know where you are going and have experienced success.
- You can build your support group through networking in person, email, and online through either social media or support group sites.
- Get your mind and body right.
- Having the right mental and physical mindset will help become better prepared to go in the direction that you have chosen for yourself.
- Make sure that you are devoting the necessary time and space for yourself to be mentally and physically fit to move forward.
- You can accomplish this through proper nutrition, dieting, exercising, meditation, prayer, and even personal quiet time.
- When you know where you want to go and have things in place, you have to make your move.
- Do not worry about looking back or failing because if you do, you will never move forward.
- You simply accomplish this by taking the next step forward in your journey.
- Keep moving until you have reached where you want to go.
- Getting to the next step means you will have to keep the momentum going until you are where you want to be.
- Make sure you are always doing something that will bring you closer to where you want to be regardless of how long it may take you to get there.
- You can do this by utilizing your plan, support group, mind, and body to your advantage so that you are always moving along.
If you can do these five steps, you will not only be able to reach where you want to go next, but you can also use these steps again to reach additional places you want to go in your life.
Let’s remember that getting to where you want to go requires some work, and as long as you are willing to do what it takes, you will always have the chance and ability to go wherever you want to go in your life.
In the questions section, I want you give some thought about the questions listed above. Feel free to comment and share because in you sharing where you are, where you going, and how you plan to get there, you may offer someone else who may be struggling with this concept a way or two to figure out the same questions for themselves.