“Maybe it won’t work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.” -Unknown
Keep this in mind whenever you are considering staying or running anything that you do.
When faced with a situation where you are deciding whether you want to stay or run is never an easy proposition. There are a lot of uncertainties, unknowns, possibilities, and consequences to consider, but no matter what you decide, there are no guarantees as to what will happen as a result.
Today’s inspiration is about you having the pros and cons in order for you to decide this important question:
Should you run or should you stay?
Let’s take a look at the two options on the table:
Option #1: Run
This option will be there if you feel as if the situation you are in may not be in your favor and you want to either go to higher ground or retreat back to your comfort zone. Here are some pros and cons for you to consider:
- It saves you from experiencing potential danger ahead.
- It allows for you to cut your losses without experiencing any further loss.
- It gives you a chance to try something different or go in another direction.
- You will never know what could truly happen if you had decided to stay.
- Lose any and all progress that you have made prior to deciding to run.
- You could be called and viewed a quitter by other people.
Running does have the ability to save you from harm, but it also has the ability to make you wonder about the possibilities.
Option #2: Stay
This option is available if you feel that you can endure whatever you are going through and feel that things will eventually work itself out. Here are some more pros and cons for you to consider:
- It allows for you work through your challenges.
- It gives you a chance to potentially finish or achieve your goals without losing whatever progress you have made.
- No matter what happens in the end, you gain valuable lessons and experiences that can help you or someone else you may encounter in the future.
- You could cause and/or experience further damage or harm to yourself or someone else.
- You may miss your opportunity to escape and try something else.
- You can fail and lose everything in the end.
Staying gives you the chance to explore the possibilities, but it also does not guarantee that you will ultimately become successful.
In displaying the pros and cons for going and staying, the big question still remains…
Should I run or should I stay?
It really depends on the situation and the circumstances that are involved with each situation. There will be moments where the answer will be obvious versus times where it will be very complex. If you are going to make this decision, here are five things to consider:
- You must take in consideration how the decision will affect you in all phases of your life.
- Other people.
- In addition, consider the people who are involved because your decision will create a chain of events that will affect them and other people with whom they will come in contact with.
- Your options.
- Take the time to research and understand your options so that you can make an informed decision.
- The decision itself.
- Understand that once you make your decision, there is no going back.
- The consequences.
- You must realize that your decisions can come with consequences that either benefit or harm yourself or someone else.
If you consider these five things, you will be able to make the best decision for yourself as well as the other people involved.
Let’s remember that going or staying is never easy, but what makes it easy is when you take everything into consideration and do what is best for yourself and the world.
In the question section, I have a few questions that I want you to give some thought to. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- Can you recall a difficult moment where you had to choose to either run or stay?
- What made that moment difficult from your perspective?
- What did you ultimately decide to do?
- How did your decision affect yourself and/or other people involved?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to decide between running and staying?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else begin to figure out whether to run or stay no matter what the situation may be.