“It starts with a dream. Add faith, and it becomes a belief. Add action, and it becomes a part of life. Add perseverance, and it becomes a goal in sight. Add patience and time, and it ends with a dream come true.” -Doe Zantamata
Keep this in mind when it comes to making your own dreams come true.
I want to start off by asking you three questions:
- Do you have a dream that you have wanted to come true for some time?
- How has not having that dream come true has felt over time to you?
- Do you still believe that your dream can still come true?
I wanted to ask you these questions because if you are someone who is still believing in a dream to come true, it will be a test of your faith and confidence. On one end, you do not want to give up because you still believe that there is a chance that it could still come true. On the other end, you do not want to stay with a dream that may never come true and miss out on something else.
I want to ask you this important question:
Will you continue to believe or give up on your dream?
This question is tough to answer because there are way too many factors and unknowns to really tell you what you should do. Instead of telling you what to do, I want to provide you a checklist of four questions that can help you determine what you should do:
- Do you still believe in your dream?
- If the faith is still there, continue to dream on.
- If the faith is gone, then it may be time to give up.
- How much longer do you want to wait for your dream to come true?
- If you have the time and resources to stick with it, then continue on with your dream.
- If you feel that your time and resources are limited or gone, then it may be time to move on.
- Do you feel that you have done all that you could done to make your dream come true?
- If you have done all you could, then you can choose to wait it out or move on based on your own thoughts and feelings.
- If you believe there is more you can do, then do what you need to do in order to give your dream a chance to come true.
- Do the reasons to keep going outweigh the reasons to move on?
- If the reasons to keep on with your dreams are stronger, then keep on dreaming!
- If the reasons to give up are stronger, then it is time to move on.
These four questions will help you make the determination to either believe or give up.
Let’s remember that dreams do come with risks, but the only person that can determine what to do with your dream is yourself.
My personal story about the dream of parenthood.
I want to share with you my story about this very thing. For my wife and I, we waited 10 years for a dream to come true: parenthood. There were moments that tested our faith in each other and the process. Even doctors did not give us much hope for succeeding. Despite it all, we finally got to experience parenthood for the first time in March 2011.
Although it was short lived due to our first kid being born at 17 weeks and 4 days, we were given hope. In May 2012, we were given the opportunity to see our second child enter the world happy and healthy.
Most people would probably would not have stayed with such a dream for such a period of time. What matters is not what people may think, but rather what you think and choose to do. If you do believe that eventually dreams do come true, I hope that my personal story does inspire you to keep going and never give up on that dream!