“What you praise, you increase.” -Catherine Ponder
Keep this in mind whenever you wonder what your praise can do.
What is the definition of praise?
Merriam-Webster defines praise as:
to say or write good things about (someone or something)
to express approval of (someone or something)
to express thanks to or love and respect for (God)
Praise truly carries power that benefits both the giver and receiver. For the giver, praise does show people what you give thanks for and the appreciation you have. For the receiver, praise can uplift and motivate someone to become better and do good things in life.
What do people praise?
People can praise a lot of things and people based on their own set of criteria. Regardless of what or who they choose to praise, it is important that when the time calls for them to do it, do not hold back giving it out.
How to and what should you praise?
How to and what you should praise someone or something is entirely up to you. Do not be afraid to let out your thanks and appreciation for someone or something because you have the ability to do the following with your praise:
- Shine the light. Your praise shines the light of attention upon someone or something for doing something positive.
- Motivate and inspire greatness. Your praise can get someone to go after their dreams and achieve their goals in life.
- Show what makes you thankful and happy. Your praise shows people what and who brings out the joy in your life.
- Attract positivity around you. Your praise brings positive people and things into your life. It can also attract other people who may seek the same positive attitude as you.
I encourage you to take the time today to give praise. If someone or something brings you joy and happiness in your life, let them know so that they can continue to do what they do for you and for others. Without your praise, they will never know what type of effect they have in you life. Let’s remember that with the power of your praise, you have the power to appreciate and motivate which can change the world one person at a time.
I have one question to ask you, and do give it some thought and action. Feel free to answer and comment below.
- What will you choose to praise today?
- Do you know the power of your praise?
-Michael J. Fite