“Anger is a momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you.” -Horace
Keep this in mind whenever you are understanding the importance of controlling your passionate side.
The reality is that we all have someone or something that we are passionate about. It is one thing to have that passion, but it is another when you are in control of that passion.
For today’s inspiration, we will take a look at the following:
- What is he definition of being passionate?
- When does becoming too passionate goes wrong?
- How do you control your passionate side?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What is the definition of being passionate?
Merriam defines passionate as:
Having, showing, or expressing strong emotions or beliefs.
Expressing or relating to strong sexual or romantic feelings.
Bottom line, being passionate is a way we describe some of our most wild and intense feelings about a person or a thing.
When does becoming too passionate goes wrong?
As good as it may feel to be passionate about a person or thing, being too passionate can can get you in trouble on some occasions. Here are three ways how being too passionate can cause some trouble:
- When you go too far with your words.
- Sometimes, it can be easy to express yourself through your words when you are passionate about a topic, person, or thing that is close to you in a multitude of ways.
- When you go too far with your physical actions.
- Sometimes, your physical actions can boldly express what you feel about a topic, person, or thing because you are showing it.
- When it becomes an obsession.
- Your passionate side can make you feel an unnecessary urge to have or need someone or something more than you normal need.
If you are not careful with your words nor your actions, it can cause the following four things:
- Miscommunication and misinterpretation
- Your words and actions are taken by the receiver of it to be either too much or entirely differently than what you were anticipating or expecting.
- Fear and concern
- Your words and actions may cause fear and concern among people to where they are avoiding or separating themselves from you.
- Negativity and hate
- Your words and actions may cause people to form a bad view of who you are and what what you stand for. They can also spread that negative or hateful image you showed them and spread it to other people.
- Destruction and violence
- Going too far with your words or actions could lead to someone being emotionally or physically hurt or damaged. They could also decided to physically and emotionally take the fight back to you and hurt you too.
In other words, we must learn to control our passionate side because when we let it go too far, it scare and hurt everyone everyone.
How do you control your passionate side?
I want you to know that you can be passionate and still be in control of yourself. Here is how you can be in control of your passionate side:
- Get to know personally what makes you passionate.
- Just like with any personal relationship, the more you know about a person, the closer you get to them.
- Take the time to do your research and ask questions about the things and people that makes you passionate about life.
- When you personally know what makes you passionate, you will understand better the people and things that bring out the fire and energy inside of you and how to control it.
- Understand the people and things whom you display your passionate side to.
- Everyone and everything whom you come in contact with may accept your passionate side differently.
- Take the time to get the know the people and things that are and will be affected by your passionate display.
- When you get to know the people and things affected by your passionate side, it will help you understand how your passion is perceived and how to adjust it, if necessary.
- Use your passionate side to benefit yourself and others.
- Being passionate about someone or something can be of benefit to yourself and everyone as long as you understand your passion, how to use your passion, and how it can affect the people or things that are involved.
- Instead of using your passionate side for only personal gain, look to find ways that you can your passion to make the world smile, change, and grow.
- When you use your passionate side to benefit yourself and others, everyone benefits and gains positivity from your passion, and you may even gain a few people who share the same passion as you do.
When you are in control of your passionate side, you can make a positive impact in your life and the world.
I encourage you to get to know what makes you passionate and see how much control do you have over your passion. It is easy to think that just because you are passionate, you always feel in control, but when you do not understand your passion fully, you have no control over it. Let’s remember that your passionate side has the power to do a lot of great things for yourself and others, but you must always be control and understand how to use it for everyone’s benefit instead of just your benefit.
I have a few questions to ask you in which I would love for you to give thought to. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- What are you passionate about in life?
- How do you deal with what makes you passionate?
- Do you control your passionate side?
- Does your passionate side control you?
- How have you used your passionate side to benefit yourself and other people?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else figure out this main question…
- How do you control your passionate side?
-Michael J. Fite