“In order to love yourself, you must behave in ways that you admire.” -Irving Yalom
Keep this in mind whenever you are wondering how do you love yourself.
This question is an important question to ask because the mirror does not lie or hide anything from you. A mirror will allow for you to see everything about yourself. It will show you what makes you beautiful and it also shows your flaws. It will also give you a chance to fix your flaws and make yourself look beautiful.
It is one thing to love yourself from the surface aspect, but what about inside? It is time take our earlier question and dig deeper with three questions.
Do you admire yourself?
- If you answer yes, then you are in a good place in your life and it shows in everything that you do.
- If you answer no, then it is time to start finding and behaving in the way that you want to admire yourself right now!
What do you admire about yourself?
- If you can answer this question with a few qualities, you will find out that there is a lot to love when it comes to you.
- If you cannot answer this question, it is time for you to have some self discovery and learn what you admire most about being you.
Why do you admire yourself?
- If you answer this question, you set the foundation for what you stand for in your life, and it will show in how you deal with other people and things in life.
- If you cannot answer this question, then you need to start redefining who you are so that you can find reasons to admire yourself.
Some may feel admiring yourself can be selfish, but without love and admiration to yourself, how can you truly show that to someone else. It is important to learn how to admire yourself and behave in the manner that you want to be treated and seen for. When you are behaving and admiring yourself, you set the standard for others to see through your own actions. Let’s remember that if you cannot look at yourself and admire what you see in the mirror, then you must fix the blemishes so that you can admire yourself for who and what you are in life.
My questions for your are the three questions that I asked earlier.
- Do you admire yourself?
- What do you admire about yourself?
- Why do you admire yourself?
I want you to take a deep look at yourself and answer these questions below if you have the opportunity to do so. I want you to know there is a lot to admire about you, but it is up to you find the answers because it leads to the most important question…
-Michael J. Fite