“If you cannot commit to yourself pursuing your goals and dreams, you cannot commit yourself to anyone or anything else.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself wondering why you are unsuccessful at the commitments in your life. Your commitments do start with you being committed to your own life first. When you choose not to commit to your own life goals and dreams, you cheat yourself out of many opportunities to become successful. This can spill over into your relationships because your friends, family, co-workers, and even lovers will experience your inability to commit to anyone or anything.
It is easy to look outside and blame the situation, the environment, or even other people for your inability to commit, but you do not have to go any further than yourself. When you have fears that cause you not to commit for some reason, your fears project on to other things and people to where they may feel the same way as you and even leave you because of it.
I personally understand that in order to be committed to anyone and anything, it starts with me! Here is how that works for me:
- I am committed to waking up and giving myself a positive talk every day.
- I am committed to making sure I am thinking of and representing myself at the highest level every day.
- I am committed to educating myself daily through conversation and reading every day.
- I am committed to making sure that I am giving myself my best at all times so that I am the best me that I can be.
When I give myself this and more, it allows for me to have the foundation to not only commit myself towards achieving my own goals and dreams, it allows for me to be able to show commitments towards people and things outside of myself.
It is time for you to make a committment to yourself right now! Be committed to yourself through giving yourself the things you need to be successful such as a pep-talk, education, personal time, or anything else you can think of. When you give yourself all of this and more, everyone and everything in your life will benefit from a committed you versus an uncommitted you. Let’s remember that your commitments to everyone and everything may mean something to you, but unless you are committed to yourself first, your commitments to everyone and everything means nothing.
I have two questions to ask you. Feel free to answer and leave your comments in the comment section below.
- Are you making a commitment to give yourself what you need and deserve to be successful in your life?
- What are you going to do to make the commitment that you need in order for yourself to be successful?
-Michael J. Fite
One thought on “Are You Making A Commitment To Yourself?”
you worked very hard in thoes flips and dances were desant…..