“To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.” -Dr. Seuss
Keep this in mind when you think about the value you may have in the life of another person.
In a world where there are 7.5 billion people currently living and counting, according to Worldometers World Population Clock, it may be difficult to see what type of impact each individual person may have on another person. With 7.5 billion people, it may not be easy to see how much of a vital impact you may on another person.
Today’s inspiration is about you realizing your true impact to another person. You may not realize it or not, but everything that you say, think, and do can have the potential to affect someone else and make their world a better place.
It is time to get into some questions!
What are five things that can hold you back from being a valuable resource to someone?
You have the power to positively impact someone’s world, but for some reason, you are being held back from doing it. I have five reasons why this may be so:
- Whether you are afraid of being wrong or rejected, your fears can prevent you from trying to be helpful and valuable to someone else when they need you the most.
- Other people may attempt to talk you out of helping someone else because of their own experiences and fears, but just like your fears, they can prevent you from helping someone else.
- If you are never available for people to call upon or reach out to you, you will never get the opportunity to help someone because they would pass you by.
Your lack of care and sensitivity.
- People will always avoid you if you come across as someone who does not care about their situation or does not have compassion about a particular situation.
Your words and actions.
- As valuable as your words and actions can be, if you use them the wrong way, it can make people want to avoid you at every cost.
Understand what can be holding you back can be the beginning for you find out what you need to work on in order to be a valuable resource to someone else.
What are five things that makes you a valuable resource?
In understanding how you can impact another person’s world, you must understand what makes you a valuable resource. Here are five things that make you a valuable resource:
- Your presence allows for people to see and reach out to you without having to use time to search for someone else.
Your life experiences.
- You have plenty of stories and experiences in your lifetime that prove to be valuable in helping someone understand some of life’s challenges and how to get through to succeed.
Your ability to smile and give a hug.
- A smile and/or a hug is powerful enough to make a person feel as if someone cares about what is going on in his or her life.
Your ability to show love and compassion.
- Your love and compassion can drive someone towards opening up and not feeling alone in the world.
Your ability to help.
- A helping hand coming from you can make the difference when it comes down to helping someone get whatever they need in to be successful in his or her life.
You are truly a valuable resource that can help anyone who decides to call upon you for help.
What are five things you can do in order to be the world to another person?
With your resources in tact, you have the power to be the world to another person. Here are five things you can do in order to be the world to someone else:
- Whether it is by phone, email, online, or in person, just make yourself available when someone needs your help or just to talk to you.
Be willing to help.
- To the best of your ability, provide help to people who are in need of your assistance so that they may get closer to having their needs met.
Be willing to give and share.
- If you have something that can help someone do and feel better, do not hesitate to give or share it so that they may also benefit.
Be willing to love and show compassion.
- Instead of judging and being harsh, learn to give love and compassion to someone whom may be going through some challenges and struggles in life.
- Simply being yourself can give someone the confidence and self-esteem needed to feel comfortable in being himself or herself in life.
If you do these five things, you will see the difference you can make in another person’s life.
Let’s remember that you never know what impact you may have on someone else’s world until you are actually doing it and see the impact for yourself.
I have five questions that I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- What do you feel makes you a valuable resource to the world?
- What do you feel is holding you back from being a valuable resource to someone else?
- What makes you the world to someone else in your life?
- How has being the world to someone else proven to beneficial to you and the other person?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to be the world to another person?
Your comments and answers can help yourself or someone else to realize and do what it takes to impact and be the world to another person.