“Life is like driving a manual transmission car. It is not fun when you are stalling or stuck in first gear, but once you are moving and out of first gear, it becomes easier and fun to handle.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind when it comes to accomplishing things in your life.
If you have ever had to learn how to drive a manual transmission (stick shift) car, you can recall the experiences that came with it. There were times where you may either got stuck in neutral, could not get out of first gears, grinded gears, stalled, or even could not handle driving up and down hills. Over time, you started to get the hang of it and you eventually were able to drive the manual transmission car with little to no issues. Once you were fluid in how to drive it, it became fun to you.
If you never had to learn how to drive a manual transmission car before, I can give you another analogy that you can likely relate to: walking. When you learned to walk for the first time, you had moments at first where you would stand up and fall before taking a step. At times, it was not fun because you may have hurt yourself or felt embarrassed, but your parents did not know because they found it cute and/or humorous to see you do it. Once you started to take a step or two before falling, you started to gain confidence and felt it getting easier with each attempt. Eventually, you were able to stand up and started walking normally. It became so fun that you even added running to the mix!
In both cases, you see that in life, most things you do in life will not be easy at first, but it’s okay. Do not be frustrated with the fact that it may be taking longer for you to learn how to do something in your life than someone else. No two people will learn and accomplish the same things at the same speed. Be happy with the process and know that as long as you are learning, practicing, and having patience, you will eventually get and see the results that you are looking for. Eventually that thing that you have been trying to master for some time does become easier for you do and fun because it has become second nature to you.
What are six things you can make doing something in your life fun and easy to handle?
If you are expecting anything to be easier and fun in your life, you have to do remember to do the following six things:
- Start moving.
- You cannot learn or accomplish what you seek in your life if you never take the first step or lesson forward.
- Be teachable.
- Open your mind to where people can teach and guide you how to do whatever it is that you are trying to do.
- Try and fail.
- Do not be afraid to try what you have learned and accept that you will experience failure along the way.
- Learn and adapt from experiences.
- Whatever happens, take whatever you have learned, good or bad, and adjust yourself so that you will not make the same mistakes over and over.
- Never give up.
- No matter what setbacks you may face or what people may say negatively, keep on going so that you have a chance to succeed.
- Have faith.
- Trust in the process and have confidence in your abilities because in time, your efforts will pay off in time.
If you can do these six things, you will move in the direction that you want to go in your life.
Let’s remember that you may not like stalling or struggling with the first steps of anything that you are doing, but if you stay with it long enough and learn, you will find it to become easier and fun because you put it the time and effort.
In the question section, I want to ask you a few questions in which I want you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- Can you recall the once thing that you struggled with learning but eventually found it easier and fun to do?
- What made learning that thing about your life difficult for you?
- How were you able to overcome those challenges to succeed?
- How has becoming successful in that thing allowed for you to become successful in other things that you have accomplished?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to learn how to have fun learning how to accomplish something in his or her life?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else understand how to withstand the challenges and setbacks of trying to learn how to conquer something new in your life in order to find it easier and fun later on as you achieve success.