“When you have the mentality of a cloud, you become efficient and you can accomplish your goals with no problems.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind whenever you think about a cloud.
If you are reading my quote and think I am crazy for suggesting that a cloud has a mentality that you can learn and use, I encourage you to check out my questions below and see how you do this very thing.
What is wrong with clouds?
Clouds may not be fun to watch or be around. In terms of watching it may appear boring to watch a cloud just float in the sky. In terms of being around it, you may not want to be around clouds because it may negatively affect you physically and mentally. Whatever the reason may be, clouds get a bad reputation for efficiently doing what they are supposed to do.
What are the job responsibilities of the clouds that you see?
Thanks to Jessika Toothman with HowStuffWorks, I was able to come up with a list of three duties that the clouds are responsible for:
- Clouds are responsible for delivering precipitation.
- Clouds serve as barriers for heat moving in and out of the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Clouds also regularly help shift dust, bacteria and other particles around the world.
Based on these three job responsibilities, it looks like the clouds are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.
What makes the clouds successful at doing their job?
Being that the clouds are always successful, here are three characteristics that makes them that way.
- They always show up on time.
- Clouds will always show up when the time is right, whether you want them to or not.
- They stay and do their job from start to finish with efficiency.
- Clouds will not leave until they have done everything that they are supposed to do for the Earth to still be habitable for you and I.
- When they are done, they leave and move onto the next assignment to repeat the cycle.
- Clouds will not stay in any one spot longer than necessary which is why you see them moving in the skies onto the next place.
With this winning recipe, no wonder why clouds are always successful.
Now that you know what makes the clouds successful, it is time to find out how can develop into becoming successful like the clouds.
What are three steps you can take to become as successful as the clouds?
If you are wanting to be as successful as the clouds, you have to apply their recipe to you. Here is how you can do this very thing:
- Show up on time for whatever you want to accomplish.
- Timing is everything, and if you do not make an effort to show up on time, you may throw everything off schedule.
- When you show up on time, you give yourself the optimal opportunity to do what you need to do to be successful.
- Stay and do whatever needs to be done from start to finish with efficiency.
- Take advantage of the full time that you have to everything necessary to succeed without wasting time and energy on people and things that are counterproductive towards you accomplishing your goals.
- When you are willing to stay and efficiency do what is necessary, you will be surprised with how much you can accomplish.
- When you are done, leave and move on.
- At the completion of achieving your goal, learn to take what made you successful and move onto the next goal so that you do not miss out on the next thing.
- When you learn how to do this very thing, you will be able to effectively repeat the cycle and accomplish more goals and dreams over your lifetime.
If you are able to follow these three steps in order and repeat it constantly, you can be as successful as the clouds that you see in the skies.
Let’s remember that you and the clouds have one thing in common: when you have the right mindset, you can achieve anything.
In the question section, I want you to give some serious thought to the questions above and share your answers and comments below. Your answers and insight can help yourself and other people understand that as negative as you may perceive clouds to be, they do serve a purpose and do it very well. If you can follow their lead, you will be just as successful.