Three ingredients of luxury lifestyle design are time, income, and mobility.” -Tim Ferriss
Keep this in mind whenever you are wondering what it takes to build your own luxury lifestyle. I will dig into this in a minute, but first, we must define luxury.
What is luxury?
Merriam-Webster defines luxury as:
A condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth.
Something that is expensive and not necessary.
Something that is helpful or welcome and that is not usually or always available.
As you can see luxury is all about having comfort and abundance to things that are not always attainable.
Who defines luxury?
Typically when you turn on a television or computer and see luxury, it will show someone having a lot of money, driving fancy cars or boats, wearing fancy clothes and living in a fancy place. Because those images have been ingrained inside of us since childhood, it becomes what most of us defines as achieving luxury.
Why is it that only a few people achieve luxury?
There are plenty of reasons why people do not achieve luxury status in their lives, but it all comes back to the idea that everyone wants the first definition of luxury (a condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth) but only a few will put in the discipline, work, and effort necessary to achieve and maintain it.
- From start to finish, the few that achieve luxury realized what most have not.
- You cannot expect to achieve luxury if you are thinking with a poor mindset.
- You can achieve luxury being around poor people.
- You cannot achieve luxury with poor habits.
What are the ingredients to achieving your luxury?
As promised, here are three main ingredients to achieving your own luxury.
- Time. Time is required if you want any chance at creating the luxury you desire. If you do not have the time, or not willing to create the time for whatever reason, you cannot expect to have the maximum opportunity available to achieve luxury.
- Income. Money is needed to create the luxury you desire. If you are expecting luxury to come for free or cheap, you will never achieve it. If you are not making the income necessary to keep the luxury, you will lose it to where it will have serious consequences on your finances and health. The goal is to find ways for you to transition from you working for the income to the income working for you so that you can enjoy your luxury lifestyle. Your income is what will allow for you to fund your luxury lifestyle.
- Mobility. You cannot expect luxury to come to you if you are not moving towards it. You have to mentally and physically be able to do what it takes to get there. You have to be willing to adjust and adapt to whatever is thrown your way because not everyone has the same path to achieving luxury and success.
I encourage you to define what is your own definition of luxury and start working towards achieving and maintaining it. Whatever you decide your definition is, you must set aside the time, income, and mobility necessary to achieve it. It may not be easy, and you may run into some issues along the way, but if you stay with it long enough, it will pay off once you achieve it. Once you achieve it, do what it takes to maintain it so that you do not lose what you worked hard for. Let’s remember that everyone wants luxury, but not everyone wants to work for it; if you work hard enough for it, you will achieve your own luxury.
I have a few questions to ask you, and I would love for you to give them some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below.
- What is your definition of luxury?
- What are you doing to achieve your definition of luxury?
- When are you planning to achieve your definition of luxury?
-Michael J. Fite