“The success of any trip that you take depends on your ability to start and to finish it.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind for any trip that you take in life, whether physical, mental, or spiritual.
As some point in your life, you have taken at least one trip in your life. Whether it was physical, mental, or spiritual, it required you to start somewhere and do whatever was necessary to finish it. The distance may have varied from trip to trip, but the ultimate goal is still the same: finish what you started.
If you are constantly successful in starting and finishing every trip that you take in life, then you are the shining example of how to make any trip successful. If you are finding yourself not finishing your trips on a consistent basis, or is afraid to start your trips, then I want to ask you a few questions to see how you can successfully start and finish your trips.
What holds you back from finishing your trips?
This answer can vary for a number of reasons. For some of your trips, there may be a pattern suggest the actual answer you need to know for yourself. Here are three additional facts that you need to know:
You are ultimately responsible for finishing you trips.
Nobody or nothing can stop you from finishing your trips unless you give them the power to do so.
You will receive the blame if you fail to finish your trips.
As you can see, it is totally on you to make sure that if you start your trip, then you must finish it!
Why are you afraid to start your next trip in life?
Depending on what exactly is that next trip may be, there could be a variety of reasons why you may be afraid to start it. Here are three additional facts that you need to know:
Your next trip cannot begin without you.
The fears of yourself and other people can be more than enough to hold you back from starting your next trip if you allow for them to.
You cannot predict what will happen in any trip until you start it first.
It is important to recognize whenever you are afraid so that you can deal with and overcome the fears in order to start and finish your trip.
What will happen when you start and finish your next personal trip?
A lot of good can happen when you choose to start and finish your next trip. Here are three more facts that you need to know.
You will gain a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction knowing that you were able to start and finish your personal trip.
Starting and finishing your trip gives you the confidence to do another trip.
You become an inspiration to other people to start and finish their own personal trips in life.
With three benefits highlighted, you are capable of starting and finishing your next personal trip.
If you are needing help with starting and finishing your trip, the next question will offer you some guidance.
How can you start and finish your own personal trip in six steps?
If you are needing help with how to start and finish your next personal trip, I have a couple of steps that can help you become successful.
- Take the time to do homework on the trip that you are about to take.
- You can do the research online or even in person through asking people and local resources.
- Develop a roadmap that will give you clear and concise instruction to follow and achieve success.
- Make sure that your plan has flexibility and alternative options in case you run into any problems.
- Gather everything you need and get yourself ready for the personal trip that you are about to take.
- Although you cannot fully prepare for everything that can possibly happen, just taking care of the checklist that is required for yourself is a big step in the right direction.
- Once you have done the research, planning, and preparation, take that first step forward and do not look back.
- If you are going forward, then you are that much closer to finishing with each step that you take.
- Show trust and confidence in the resources and the path that have been laid out for you.
- With your faith, you are able to strengthen your mind towards sticking with the plan and believing that you can finish it.
- No matter what happens during your personal trip, do what it takes to finish what you have started.
- Dig a little deeper, find that extra motivation, stay the course, and finish off your personal trip the right way in achieving success.
If you do these six things, you will be able to successfully start and finish whatever you are doing.
Let’s remember that your personal trips have the ability to be memorable and fun, but you have to be willing to start and finish it for that to happen.
In the question section, I want you to give some serious thought to the questions above and share your answers and comments below. Your answers and insight can help yourself and other people understand that your own personal trip depends on you because you have the power to start and finish it.