“One positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” -Unknown
Keep this in mind when it comes to the power of a positive thought in the morning.
Whenever you wake up in the morning, there is nothing like starting your morning off the right way. Whether it is having a good breakfast, listening to your favorite music, receiving a hug or kiss from someone special, or even seeing the sun rise, just experiencing something positive in the morning can set the tone for your day.
Today’s inspiration is about showing you the power of a positive thought in the morning. When you see the power that comes with having a positive thought in the morning, I want you add it to your morning routine moving forward.
Now it is time to answer a few questions!
What is the big deal with how you think in the morning?
You may not think that your thoughts carry any weight with how you will function in the day, but it can. David Fonviellle with Always Greater explores three impacts that your negative thinking can have in his article called What Is The Impact Of Negative Thinking? I will list and give my take of the three impacts below:
- Hindering you from achieving something that you want.
- Waking up with a negative thought can delay or set you back from believing that you can accomplish anything you want to do today.
- Making you feel worse.
- When you are thinking negatively to start your morning, it can mentally affect your mood and bring down your attitude about today.
- Adding negative value to your life in some way.
- Your negative thoughts will attract negative people and things that will add negative value and prevent you from gaining anything good in your life.
When you consider the impact, you can see that what you think to start the day can carry throughout your day.
What effect can negative thinking in the morning have on your day?
David Fonvielle also touches on the effects that negative thinking can have on you in What Is The Impact Of Negative Thinking? He lists 11 negative effects, and I will give my take on the effects below:
- A less worthwhile life instead of a more worthwhile life.
- Your negative thought can lead you to believe that your life today does not have value when in reality, you life is truly valuable.
- Less confidence instead of greater confidence.
- Negative thinking in the morning does not give you the confidence necessary to believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Lower self-esteem instead of higher self esteem.
- When you do not feel good about yourself to start the morning, it can drag you and other people around you down.
- Less happiness and enjoyment instead of more happiness and enjoyment.
- A negative thought to start can zap out the fun and excitement that today can have before you even do something.
- Less feelings of strength instead of greater feelings of strength.
- Starting your morning with negative thinking can cause you to feel weak and powerless towards what you can do about today.
- Less energy instead of more energy.
- Your negative thought in the morning can take away any energy that you may have before you can even do anything.
- Less peace of mind instead of more peace of mind.
- Waking up with a negative thought to start does create for doubts and worries to creep into your mind before you can get anything positive in.
- Less success instead of more success.
- A negative thought to start the day from you can lead you not experiencing the successes that you are deserving of achieving.
- Less enjoyable social interactions instead of more enjoyable social interactions.
- Your negative thought to start the morning can create for moments where you are the most pleasant person to talk to you in conversations.
- Less health benefits instead of more health benefits.
- A negative thought in the morning can lead to stress and headaches that can affect how you function throughout the day.
- Less clarity of mind instead of greater clarity of mind.
- When you start of your morning with a negative thought, it can cloud your mind from seeing what positive things you can do and accomplish.
There is more than enough reason behind why a negative thought can create harm to your day before you even get started.
What are seven ways that a positive thought can affect your day?
Having a positive thought to start your can can be the difference between success and failure. Although there are countless ways a positive thought can make your day worthwhile, I want to give you seven ways that a positive thought can affect your day:
- Sets the tone for your day.
- A positive thought to start your day sets the table and mood for how you will go about your day.
- Make you believe in the possible.
- If you think you can do something, it will fuel your desire and confidence to achieve it.
- Gives you self-esteem.
- It makes you feel good about who you are and what you are about to do today.
- Creates avenues for positive people and things to enter your life.
- When you have a positive thought to start, it spreads and creates opportunities to attract positive people and things into your life.
- Gives you power and strength.
- A positive thought to start the day from you gives you that inner strength to conquer whatever stands in front of you for today.
- Deal with stress.
- No matter how much stress you may deal with throughout the day, just having that positive thought can relax your mind and allow for you work through whatever may stress you.
- Creates moments for happiness.
- Positive thoughts to start your morning creates moments where you can reflect on the things that make you happy.
The power of a positive thought to start your morning can affect the outlook of your day.
What are the seven tools towards creating the positive thought to start your day?
If you are looking to create the positive thought to start your day, I want to give you seven tools that can help you accomplish this very goal:
- Prayer and meditation.
- Take the time when you wake up to pray over the day and meditate about the things you want to accomplish today.
- Prayer and meditation will allow for you to let go of your stress and focus on things that can bring positivity into your life.
- Create a few minutes in your morning to do some physical activity to get your mind and body in shape.
- Exercising can create self-confidence and the positive energy necessary to get through the day.
- Listen to music.
- Whether it is your favorite music, spiritual music, or inspirational speaking, take some time to listen to the vibes that can inject positivity into your morning.
- Music can provide tones and words that can motivate you to have a great day.
- Love yourself.
- Wake up to give yourself a compliment and/or a hug to let you know that you appreciate who you are.
- Loving yourself set the standard and value for how you want to be treated today.
- Affirmations and confirmations.
- Write and/or speak the positive things you think and feel in the morning until they become ingrained into your mind and reflect in your actions.
- Having positive affirmations and confirmations can strengthen your thoughts and build positive habits for your day.
- Watch positive programming.
- Take the time to also find television or online programming that deliver positive messages for you to start your morning off right.
- Watching positive programming can deliver positivity in a manner that you can understand and apply for the day.
- Read about positivity.
- Feel free in the morning to take a positive thought from any of my posts on Michael J. Fite, or even take a look at other inspirational thoughts online to get the thought you need to start the day off right.
- Reading about positivity can give you the thought necessary to feel good about your day.
If you try any or all of these seven tips, you will find yourself utilizing the power of the positive thought to start your day.
Let’s remember that the power of your positive thought to start your day can propel you to accomplish your goals and have a great day!
In the comments section, I want to ask you four questions. Feel free to comment and answer below:
- What do you do find your positive thought to start your day?
- Can you recall an important moment in your life where a positive thought in the morning led to you achieving your goals for that day?
- How did that thought have an effect on how your day went?
- What would you recommend to someone who is searching to find a positive thought to start their day?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else find out how to use a positive thought in the morning to seize the day and believe that anything is possible as long as you believe and work towards it.