“Ghosts don’t haunt us. That’s not how it works. They’re present among us because we won’t let go of them.” -Sue Grafton
Keep this in mind when it comes to the ghosts in your life.
It may be hard to believe, but ghosts exists because we allow for them to exist. Because we allow for them to exist, we get to see what they can do to and for us. In order to understand them better and how they can help us, we must answer a few questions first.
What is a ghost?
Merriam-Webster defines a ghost as:
The soul of a dead person thought of as living in an unseen world or as appearing to living people.
A very small amount or trace.
A ghost can be anyone or anything that appears to us as still living on, yet we physically know they are not alive.
Why are people afraid of ghosts?
The reason why people are afraid of ghosts can vary from person to person. Here are a few reasons:
- Ghosts can be scary in appearance. Some ghosts have taken the form of someone or something that appears to bring fear to a person.
- Ghosts can do and say things. Some ghosts have the ability to go through and move things. Some ghosts can say things to haunt and frighten a person about their past, present, and future.
- A person may have heard or seen too many ghost stories. A person’s vision of what a ghost is and their abilities are can be shaped over time by the numerous ghost stories that have been told and presented over time.
- Halloween/Trick or Treat: With many people dressed as ghosts or ghostly images, it seems to scare people to where either they avoid that night by going somewhere else or staying locked inside the house.
Whatever reason you may have of being afraid of a ghost, you mentally have the power to control what a ghost can do and how it can affect you.
How can you deal with your ghosts?
As scary as they may look or appear, you can deal with your ghosts and be victorious. Here is how you can deal with your ghosts.
- Let go of your fears about ghosts.
- If you are afraid of ghosts or what they can do, they can control your physical and mental being.
- By letting go of what scares and frighten you, you become immune to whatever a ghost may do to you.
- Talk to and understand your ghosts.
- There is a reason why the ghosts come in and out of your life, so take the time to speak to and understand your ghosts.
- When you do talk to them on either a physical, mental, or spiritual level, you will gain an understanding of why the ghosts are there in your life.
- With the knowledge, you are able to deal with your ghosts effectively.
- Allow the right ghosts in.
- Although most ghosts show up to your life uninvited, you mentally are in control of which ghosts get to come into your life.
- No ghost gets to enter your life and wreak havoc without your permission.
- Understand that not all ghosts are bad.
- Not every ghost wants to haunt and scare you.
- Such ghosts as the Holy Spirit and God are there to help and guide you if you allow for them to.
- When you understand that some ghosts are actually there to help you, it is easier for you to stand back and let the ghost work in your life.
I encourage you to deal with your ghosts versus running from them. There is a reason why they exist, and it is up to you to find out why. Knowledge is your best key to dealing with your ghosts, and if you do not have it, you will be unprepared to handle your ghosts and what they can do to and for you. Let’s remember that ghosts have many abilities, but they cannot affect you or come into your life unless you give them permission to.
I have a few questions to ask you, and I want you to give some thought to the questions. Feel free to comment and answer below:
- What was your most memorable moment of dealing with a ghost?
- What was the image or shape of the ghost?
- How did you deal with your ghost?
- How did that ghost change your life?
Your answers can help you or someone else deal with the main question when it comes to your or their present situation:
- How will you deal with your ghosts?
-Michael J. Fite