“One person can have a profound effect on another. And two people…well, two people can work miracles. They can change a whole town. They can change the world.” -Diane Frolov
Keep this in mind whenever you wonder how profound of an effect that you can have on another person…and eventually the world.
When you take a look at the things we are able to partake in, it all started with one person having a profound effect on the other. Just give this some thought:
- Imagine if Alphonse Pénaud did not have profound effect on Wilbur and Orville Wright?
- Imagine if E.D. Nixon did not have a profound effect on Martin Luther King, Jr.?
- Imagine if Sonny Venkatrathnam did not have a profound effect on Nelson Mandela?
- Imagine if Jerry Kellman did not have a profound effect on Barrack Obama?
Besides knowing the accomplishments of the Wright brothers, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, and Barack Obama, do you know the people who caused the profound effect? There is a good chance that you do not which leads to this point:
“Some of the most profound and impactful people in the world are not popular or famous. They just happened to be everyday people who happened to inspire or motivate someone to achieve their own level of success that eventually changes the world.” -Michael J. Fite
Having a profound effect on someone can come in a variety of ways. It can come through mentoring, coaching, teaching, inspiring, motivating, teaching, encouraging, and showing people how to do things that can make them better. It also comes through taking the time to invest in their progress and being there for them when they need your help. You do not have to be anyone special or famous…just do these three things
- Be yourself so people can relate and get to know you.
- Share your knowledge and resources so they can learn to be like you or better.
- Be open and available so that people can find you when they need your help.
You can have a profound impact on someone and change the world! You do it daily in your thoughts and actions, so be conscious of both to ensure that you are doing your part to make the world a better place. Let’s remember that profound change is not limited to famous people; you can bring forth profound change daily being yourself!
I have one question to ask you, and really give it some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- How have you had a profound effect on a person to make them achieve their goals?
-Michael J. Fite