“At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” -Power of Positivity
Keep this in mind whenever you look at the story of your life and see that it is either not going the way you expect it to go or you think that it will not end the way you want it to be.
Just like everyone else in the world, you have a story. From birth until now, your story has been written that contains everything about you. There have been ups, downs, twists, and turns throughout, but you are now here. You must ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I like my life story up until now?
- Do I feel like I am in control of my life story right now?
- Do I think my life story is going to end the way that I want it to be?
If you have answered no to any or all of the three questions above, then today’s inspiration is just for you. In talking about your life story, I want you to understand how you got here and how to take control and be the author of your life story. Granted, there will be some outside things that you will not be able to control, but if you can take the tools that will be given later, you can be the author who can be in control and make the adjustments necessary to be able to have and finish a life story that you and the world can be proud of.
Why has my life story not gone the way that I wanted it to go?
There are many variables to this questions due the fact that each situation and decision that you have made have brought different consequences. I want to give you four facts in order to help you answer this questions for yourself:
- Your life story consists of the decisions and actions that you and other people have made in your life since day one.
- Outside of your parents and/or guardians raising you as a child, if you always give permission to other people to write and control your life story, you will rarely or never be in control of what happens to you.
- As much as you want to control everything about your life, there will be moments where you cannot account for certain things, control everything, and know what the outcomes will be.
- If you are not flexible with your life story, you will miss out on various opportunities that were meant for you.
Your life story may not always go the way that you want it to go, but depending on why it is so, you must find a way to be in control of your life story.
What will happen when I am in control of my life story?
Depending on how you see it, this will vary depending on whatever you do. I will give you three more facts to consider about taking control of your life story:
- When you are in control, you become involved with what is going on with your life and can make decisions that can have a positive impact on other areas of your life.
- No matter what the consequences may be, being in control gives you the opportunity to make adjustments so that you can adapt to whatever life throws at you.
- Being in control will not mean everything will go your way, however, it does mean that instead of someone else making the choice for you, it will be your choice.
Taking control of your life story gives you power and ownership to claim and shape your life to the best of your ability.
How can I take control of my life story in five steps?
If you want to change your life and have a different ending than what you are seeing or projecting, it starts right here with you taking control of your life story. Here are five steps to show how you can do this:
- Accept your life story, from birth until now, as your beginning point.
- You cannot move forward until you start to accept your story and understand what were your roles and actions during the process of you getting to this point, whether you were in control or not.
- In addition, accept the rights and wrongs that you have made in the writing and development of your life story.
- By accepting your life story, from birth until now, you are owning everything that has happened in your life.
- Decide where you clearly want to go in your life?
- Take time to think about, speak it out through your affirmations, and write to where you can see it where you want to go and be in your life.
- Make sure that where you want to go in your life is something that is clear and attainable for you reach and grasp.
- Doing this will give you a good sense of direction as to where you want to go and where you should be heading.
- Develop your plans as to how you are going to get to where you want to go in your life.
- In your plan development, give yourself easy to follow steps that will give you a chance to be successful in changing and making your life story the best that it can be.
- Give yourself flexibility by coming up with alternatives so that you are not finding yourself stuck to accomplishing your plans with a way that may not work for whatever reason.
- When you do this, it will show you how to make your visions and your story a reality.
- Commit yourself to being the author and execute your life story moving forward.
- Through your affirmations and meditation, remind and mentally prepare yourself to be the author of your story until it is implanted in your mind.
- Once you are mentally committed to being the author of your life story, execute your plans and do what it takes to be in charge of the decisions that you make in your life regardless of what the outcomes may be.
- This will give you the focus and power you need to be in charge and change your life story to something that that suits you.
- Add and subtract what you need in your life story moving forward.
- From this point and beyond, make sure to get the right people and things that will help you to take control and make your life story all that it can be.
- In doing this, you have to take away those people and things that are standing between you taking control and the life story that you want to accomplish.
- In adding and subtracting people and things along the way, it keeps you focused on staying in control of your life and the decisions that are made.
If you follow these five steps, your life can take control and do it takes to change the outcome of your life.
Let’s remember that if you do not make the choice to write your life story, someone else will write it for you. The choice is yours to make.
I want to share with you a video from Video Advice that will get you to understand what it is inside of you and the importance of you taking action right now. If you are going to be the author of your life story, you got to take charge and start moving so that your life has a successful ending. Check out the video below:
In addition, I want you give some thought to the following three questions. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- Have you been in control of your life up until this point?
- If yes, what allowed for you to be in control of your life story?
- If no, why are you not in control of your life story?
- What are you doing to take control of your life story right now?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to take control of his or her own life story?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else understand that if you are ever unhappy with the way your life is going, you have the power to take control and make your life story reflect what you want it to be. Nobody else has the ability to write your story the way that you can because they do not fully understand what you need in the way that you do. Take charge, be the author of your life story, and have the ending that you can be proud of!