“Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fight for what you want to be tomorrow.” –Unknown
Keep this in mind whenever you think about what you are now and what you are aspiring to be in the future.
Being yourself is something that only you can do and be on a daily basis. Despite the fact that there is at least one person who wants to be you and have at least a portion on what you have, there is nobody like you in the world. Whether you can see that now or not depends on how you see your life at this point.
Today’s inspiration is about learning to appreciate what you are and how to keep on fighting for what you want to be. There will be times where it is not easy to do either one or both, but if you apply the tools that will be given in this post, you will be able to overcome such moments and keep the fight going for yourself.
Why are you not thankful for what you are now?
The answers to this question will vary depending on the circumstances. Here are three facts for you to consider:
- What you are in your life is a result of the decisions that you, your parents, and other people whom have received permission to do so over time have made from birth until today.
- If you are constantly finding faults with what you are, you can never find the positives to be appreciative about.
- There is at least one person in the world who is thankful for what you are and/or who wants to be what you are right now.
It may not be at times to appreciate what you are to yourself or someone else, but know that there no price tag you can place on what you mean not only to yourself, but to at least one other person in the world.
Why should you be thankful for what you are now?
As I have mentioned in the last question, there is no price tag you can place on your value to yourself and at least one other person. You may or may not have a variety of reasons to be thankful for what you are right now, but I want to share with you why I think you should be thankful for what you are now:
- Because you are always one bad decision from not being what you are right now, yet you continue to make enough good decisions to be where you are right now.
- Nobody else could have gone through the ups and downs that you have and still be standing like you are today. In my eyes, your life story is a true inspiration!
- Being that you are not one of the 151,600 people who die each day, you are given the chance each day to keep on living and striving to be what you want to be.
For whatever reasons you may come up with, you can see that there is at least some reason to be thankful for what you are now.
What are five steps to help you fight for what you want to be tomorrow?
Right now, you have the opportunity to keep the fight going and be the person you want to be tomorrow. Here are five steps that will help you accomplish this goal:
- Execute your plans and reach your goals to the best of your ability.
- Starting with today, execute your plan exactly the way you developed it and accomplish as many goals as you can do today.
- When you do this, you are doing something towards being what you want to be tomorrow by your actions.
- Accept the person that you are right now as your foundation.
- Look at the person that you are now and thank everything that comes with being you.
- When you can do this, you will have a starting point to begin working towards the person you want to be tomorrow.
- Develop plans and goals that will put you closer to the person that you want to be tomorrow.
- Come up with plans that are realistic for you to execute and goals that are reachable for you.
- When you can do this, it will allow for you to have a roadmap that you can see and execute when it comes to you fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.
- Reflect on your accomplishments for today.
- When the day is done, look back on what you have done and be thankful for everything that you have accomplished.
- When you do this, it gives you the chance to see how much you have done today with regards to being the person that you want to be tomorrow.
- Do it again tomorrow.
- Start all over again tomorrow with steps 1 through 4 and continue the process each day until you become the person that you want to be.
- If you work towards repeating the cycle, you will develop the mentality needed to fight for the person that you want to be.
If you can follow these five steps, you will always be in the fight to ultimately be what you want to be.
Let’s remember that in order for you to be the person you want to be tomorrow, it starts with you accepting who you are today and putting in the time and work required to get there.
I want share with you a video from Eddie Pinero that talks about tomorrow. Tomorrow comes with a lot of things that we want to see and do, but none of that matters unless we take action today. Check it out below!
In addition to the video, I have a few questions for you to give some thought to. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- Do you appreciate what you are right now?
- Why or why don’t you appreciate what you are right now?
- What do you want to be tomorrow?
- What are you doing today to be what you want to be tomorrow?
Your comments and answers can help yourself or someone understand that tomorrow starts today. If you cannot appreciate yourself today and take advantage of today, your vision of tomorrow may not come the way you envisioned. Start today and develop the fight necessary to be the person that you want tomorrow.