“Be yourself, no matter what other people think. God made you the way you are for a reason. Besides, an original is always worth more than a copy.” -www.dailyinspirationalquotes.in
Keep this in mind whenever you think about if it is okay to be your original self.
If you take look around in your daily walk, you will see people wanting to be like other people. It is easy to see why considering that there are people who have certain things that make people want to change and aspire in order to get to that level.
Today’s inspiration is about the original you. We will discuss the following:
- What does it mean to be an original?
- What makes a person unhappy with being his or her original self?
- What options do you have when you are unhappy with your original self?
- How can you be your original self?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What does it mean to be an original?
A document, film, painting, etc., which is created by someone and from which a copy or translation is made.
A person who is different from other people in an appealing or interesting way.
Being an original is simply being the first of a kind in which duplicates come from it.
What makes a person unhappy with being his or her original self?
When it comes to a person being his or her original self, there will be things that will make a person not happy with their life in general to where they would rather be like someone else. Here are four things that can make a person unhappy with being themselves.
- A person may look at other people who may appear to be prettier or healthier than he or she.
- A person may not their bodily features or how they fit in certain clothes.
- A person may not like the fact that someone else may have more education or knowledge than he/she.
- A person may not like being corrected or told that he/she could be stupid.
- A person may envy other people who have more money to do things than he/she.
- A person may not like the fact someone else makes more money than he/she do.
- A person may admire someone who has the type of skills and abilities he/she wants in life.
- A person may become jealous that another person may be more talented at something than he/she.
What options do you have when you are unhappy with your original self?
When you are unhappy with where you are at a particular moment, you can choose to either revert back to your comfort zone, stay and get better, or move onto something else.
- Revert back to your comfort zone.
- You can choose to quit and go back to whatever brings you comfort and ease.
- This will cause you lose your forward progress and momentum.
- In reverting, you may feel safe in your comfort zone, but you will become fearful of trying something new.
- Stay and get better.
- You can stay where you are and focus on making your original self better.
- This may cause some stress, but it also can create ways and opportunities to make yourself even better.
- In staying and getting better, you are making the effort to move forward and improve your current status.
- Move onto something else.
- You can choose to let it go and move onto something else that you can add to your original self.
- This can cause you leave you current status undone, but it can breathe new life and energy into your life as you move onto something new.
- In moving onto something else, you are diverting your energy towards something that could be better for you in the long run.
How can you be your original self?
If you are going to be your original self, I am going to tell you three things you need to do to be your original self.
- BE YOURSELF!
- No matter what you choose in life, be yourself in who are now and what you want to be.
- When you be yourself, nobody can question your originality.
- LOVE YOURSELF!
- Love and be proud of who you are and what you will become in life.
- When you love yourself, it shows in how you care for yourself.
- DO AND BE WHATEVER WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY WITH WHO YOU ARE AND WILL BE!
- Do whatever you feel will help establish what you a true original.
- When you are able to do this, people will start to recognize what makes you stands out.
I encourage you to take the time to look at the things that make you an original. You will find that all of the things that make you original makes you also special because there is not another person that can be or do things exactly like you do. Let’s remember to never forget that no matter how people try to copy and tell you that you should be like someone else, there is nothing like being your original self.
I have a few questions in which I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to comment and answer below:
- What makes you an original in your eyes?
- How have you made your original self better over time?
- Has there been a moment where you felt like your original self was not accepted by other people?
- How did you learn to deal with and overcome that moment?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to be their original self?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else understand this important question:
- How can you be your original self?
-Michael J. Fite