“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” -Buff Dudes
Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself trying to determine if you are ready to go forth and conquer your goals and dreams.
It is time for you make a decision about your current goals and dreams. Are you ready to go forth and conquer, or do you want to stay and do nothing?
For today’s inspiration, we will help with your decision-making process by discussing the following:
- What does it mean to go forth and conquer?
- What prevents a person from going forth and conquer?
- What are the processes behind going forth and conquer?
- How can you go forth and conquer?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What does it mean to go forth and conquer?
Answers.com has a very good definition for go forth and conquer, which is:
- To move forward and make progress.
In anything that you want to do, you have to take that first step and do something that moves you forward with each step.
What prevents a person from going forth and conquer?
There are three main reasons why a person may feel like they cannot go forth and conquer.
- Fear or doubt.
- A person may not think or feel that they can achieve the goals and dreams they have set in front of them.
- When a person has fear or doubt, it can a person to either not try, give up, or turn back towards the whatever is comfortable and easy.
- Negative People
- A person may be listening to people who have negative thoughts about what he or she is doing. Negative people have either failed, quit, or never tried at all.
- Instead of helping a person with their “advice” on what should be done, they are spreading negativity and hurting that person’s chances of succeeding.
- When a person has negative people advising them, it is very likely the person receiving the advice will start reflecting and becoming that same negativity.
- Lack of knowledge or ability.
- A person simply may not have the knowledge nor ability to go forth and conquer.
- When a person feel like they do not know or not able to go forth and conquer, they may become hesitant and fearful of trying and making a mistake.
If you are afraid to go forth and conquer, you will either stay where you are or turn back to what you are comfortable and familiar with.
What are the core principles behind going forth and conquer?
If you think about when you achieved such firsts as walking and driving, they had three core principles in mind:
- You were either taught or told that you could achieve anything by people who believed in you and your abilities.
- When they felt that you were ready, they let you go on your own to prove it.
- Although you had some growing pains along the way, you proved to yourself and everyone else that you could do it!
Believe it or not, you have done this over and over with constant success. If you can remember these core principles, you will be ready to take on the steps necessary to go forth and conquer.
How can you go forth and conquer?
It is your opportunity to go forth and conquer right now. Here are three simple steps you can do in order to go forth and conquer:
- Have trust in yourself that you were prepared for such a moment through either your past experiences or lesson from those who believed in you.
- When the time comes, just go forward, and do not look back!
- If something should happen along the way, refer back to #1 and #2.
If you can do these three steps, you will be able to go forth and conquer anything you want in life.
I encourage you to take the time to assess yourself and see if you are ready to take your go forth with each step and conquer your goals and dreams. When you have the opportunity to make something happen, you got to take advantage of it when it comes. Let’s remember that you can go forth and conquer anything in life, but it starts with you dropping off your fears, picking up yourself, and moving forward with confidence.
I have three questions to ask you in reference of my previous posts. Feel free to read and comment:
- Why Are You Resisting Change In Your Life?
- Do You Succumb Or Overcome Your Fears?
- What Are You Doing About Tomorrow Today?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else prepare to answer the main question about today…
- How can you go forth and conquer?
-Michael J. Fite