“Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.” -Khalil Gilbran
Keep this in mind when it comes to you trying to understand things and people who may seem perplexed to you.
Nobody likes to be perplexed on a regular basis, but the reality is that life will keep us perplexed daily with people and things that will leave us scratching our heads and confused. In today’s inspiration, we will discuss:
- What is the definition of perplexed?
- What makes people and things perplexed?
- Why is being perplexed a good thing?
- How can you conquer the perplexed?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What is definition of perplexed?
Merriam-Webster defines perplexed as:
- Unable to understand something clearly or to think clearly.
When something or someone is perplexed it can force you to become puzzled and confused.
What makes people and things so perplexed?
The answer to this question can vary depending on the person who is trying to understand what they are listening, seeing, and doing. Here are a few things that can make people and things perplexed.
- Verbal Language
- Language, depending on how you use your words, can make communication very difficult to process and understand when the other person cannot understand what you are saying.
- Language can also make things perplexed when you use a type of language or dialect that a person cannot understand clearly.
- Body Language
- Your body language has a way of saying and displaying things to people who may not always agree with your verbal language.
- When your body language does not match your verbal language, it can cause a person to become perplexed about who and what you are.
- Articles and Books
- When you write something that it is too long or does not have a centralized theme, it can confuse a person who has to read it.
- This can cause a person to be perplexed and wind up either dropping the book or have a headache.
- People can be very perplexed to each other because no two people truly think, say, or do things the same way.
- This can lead to a lot of questions, puzzled looks, and some negative comments depending on the situation.
No matter where you look, there is always going to be someone or something that is going to perplex your mind.
Why is being perplexed a good thing?
Not a lot of people like having people and things perplexed because of the confusion that caused by it. I am here to tell you that we do need perplexity in our lives for the following reasons:
- It creates questions for discussion and understanding.
- When something does not make sense to you, you can use the moment as an opportunity to ask questions and have a discussion about what it is that has you perplexed.
- This can lead to you understanding something new and unlocking something that was unknown to you.
- It adds mystery and adventure to life.
- Being perplexed or having something to be perplexed does add an element of mystique that makes you want to know a little more through research and maybe an adventure.
- This can lead to people becoming curious and even wanting to do some exploring of the mystery to have an understanding for themselves.
- Perplexity leads to inventions and evolution.
- Perplexed questions about life has led to the inventions and evolution of the car, television, computer, houses, and a host of other things.
- Having a perplexed question, when worked upon, can become the next invention or even become the evolved version of that invention.
How can you conquer the perplexed?
Here are a few ways to conquer the perplexed :
- Ask questions.
- Instead of forming an assumption of what has you perplexed, ask question to the person or someone who can help you understand.
- Do research.
- Take the time to look up what has you perplexed so you can gain further knowledge of the person or thing.
- Give yourself time.
- Do not rush yourself to understand something that will require time and patience.
- Allow for the answers to transform your knowledge and life.
- When you have the answers to what is perplexed to you, allow for it enhance what you know and make your life interesting.
If you are able to do all of this, the perplexed can be conquered.
I encourage you to take the time to look at everything that is perplexed to you. I am sure there are people and things that may have you puzzled and confused at times, but there is a good reason behind it. If you take the time to understand why, it can help you deal with that person or thing moving forward. Let’s remember that for every person or thing that is perplexed, there are questions and answers; if you take the time to ask questions, you will eventually find the answers.
I have a few questions to ask you in which I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- What was one thing or person that has perplexed you?
- What was it about that thing or person that left you perplexed?
- How were you able to work through and understand the thing and person that initially perplexed your mind?
- What would you recommend to someone who is trying to understand someone or something that is perplexed?
Your answers and comments can help yourself or someone else understand the main question:
- How can you conquer the perplexed?
-Michael J. Fite