“There is nothing more radical than being yourself. When you are your radical self, you stand out, speak your mind, and bring a different flavor daily. When you are not your radical self, you are like everyone else, stay silent, and bring the same flavor daily.” -Michael J. Fite
Keep this in mind when it comes to appreciating your radical self.
Today’s inspiration is all about learning why you should embrace your radical self and how it can change the world. It is important to know this because the power is inside of you. We will look at the following:
- What is the definition of radical?
- What can go wrong with being your radical self?
- Why should you embrace your radical self?
- How can your radical self change the world?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find the answers!
What is the definition of radical?
Merriam-Webster defines radical as:
Very new and different from what is traditional or ordinary.
Very basic and important.
Having extreme political or social views that are not shared by most people.
When you look at the meanings, radical can be described in just about anything we see and do in life.
What can go wrong with being your radical self?
Being radical does come with a price. Here are a two things that can go wrong with being your radical self.
- You are misunderstood.
- When you are radical, it is easy to be misunderstood when your views or actions do not reflect the majority view.
- Being misunderstood can create difficulty in communication and cause people to separate and isolate you from everyone else.
- You could offend someone.
- When you are radical, it is highly likely you will offend someone with you views or actions when they are considered favorable by most people.
- Offending someone create hostility between you and others. Such hostility can lead to violence of some type and even death.
When you are radical, it can be scary to people when they do not know how to take nor accept your views, thoughts, and actions.
Why should you embrace your radical self?
There is nothing wrong with being something that is inside of you daily. Here is why you should embrace your radical self:
- There is only one version of you-YOU!
- Nobody else can think, say, and do things exactly the way you do. Even with twins, there is something different that makes them radical from the other.
- Life would be boring without your radical self!
- Life is colorful because we all bring something different to the table daily. Without your radical self, it would be all one color and plain boring.
- You represent change and variety.
- Your radical self offers the world someone different to look at. You also give the world another option when it comes to views and perspectives which can open eyes.
If you embrace your radical self, you can create a radical change in the world.
How can your radical self change the world?
As scary as being your radical self can be to yourself and other people, it can help to change the world around you. Using definition, here are a few ways that your radical self can change the world:
- You can bring something new and different from what is traditional and ordinary.
- Being your radical self can offer up new ideas and ways that can add to and make the traditional and ordinary better.
- If you see something that could be made better, do not be afraid to through trial and error to offer new ideas and even try to come up with something that could make things easier.
- Bring out what is basic and important to you.
- Being your radical self does come with a set of principles that are core to who you are, but at the same time, could serve to be principles that could help influence and change the world.
- Do not be afraid to let those principles show in everything that you say and do so that people can identify with and understand you better.
- You can share your extreme political and social views that are not shared by most people.
- Being your radical self does have views on a variety of topics that does not always coincide with the general public. This is a good thing because it gets people talking about things they normally would not talk about.
- Do not be afraid to speak your mind about your views because it gives the world insight on what you see on various topics. Your extreme view on something could wind up changing the world as we know it.
When you are your radical self, there is the opportunity to offer up something new and different that could change the world in a variety of ways.
I encourage you to take the time to look at what makes you radical. You will be surprise with the many ways that you are truly radical. Do not be afraid to let what makes you radical shine to the world because without it, nobody will ever know what you think or feel about something important to you. Let’s remember that your radical self needs to be set free in order to give the world variety and flavor to a world that would otherwise be just one color and flavor.
I have a few questions to ask you in which I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below:
- What makes you radical?
- How have those qualities affected your life and other people around you?
- How do you use what makes you radical to add variety and flavor to the world?
- What would you recommend to someone exploring with what makes them radical?
Your answers and comments can help someone else understand and figure out about their life…
- Why should you embrace your radical self and how it can change the world?
-Michael J. Fite