“Take time to recharge. You do it for your phone. Why not do it for yourself?” -Dana Richliew
Keep this in mind whenever you think of the importance of a good recharge in your life.
There are many things that you can do when you are fully charged. At times, a fully charged you can even amaze yourself by doing new things that you have never done before. But just like a battery, computer, or even cell phone, you too will run down on power and need to be recharged.
Today’s inspiration is all about finding ways to become recharged because if you do not recharge yourself, you start to drag, feel sluggish, and never get anything accomplished. We will take a look at the following:
- What does it mean for you to recharge?
- What makes it hard for you to recharge?
- What all does it take for you to recharge?
- What are some ways you can recharge?
Now that we have the questions, let’s find some answers!
What does it mean for you to recharge?
Merriam-Webster simplifies the definition for you…
- To regain your energy and strength.
When you get back the energy and strength you need, you can feel powerful and strong again.
What makes it hard for you to recharge?
This is a question that can vary from person to person because we all have unique lives. I will offer up a few common factors that can contribute to why it can be difficult to recharge:
- Not enough free time.
- Sometimes, life can be on the go to where there is simply 24 hours a day is not enough to do everything and still find time to get away to recharge and come back strong.
- Where there is not enough free time, it can lead to stress, exhaustion, and anger.
- Too many people need you.
- You may be in a point in your life where you are counted on by a lot of people in your personal and professional to where you cannot break away because it seems like they need you every minute of the day.
- When too many people need you, it can cause you to neglect time to take care of yourself and your own priorities.
- Kids and significant other (spouse, dating partner, life partner, etc.)
- If you ever had kids or been in a relationship, you know how demanding it can be to give a lot of yourself to a child and/or to a relationship in order for things to work.
- When you devote too much time to such, it can cause you to neglect putting time and energy into yourself.
- Believe it or not, you may think that you do not need the proper rest, time off, or even relaxation necessary to be refreshed and recharged, so you decide to do way more and push yourself beyond your limits.
- When this happens, you can be your own worse enemy because you can cause yourself to be worn down, broken, and feeling lifeless.
What all does it take for you to recharge?
All you need to recharge is the following:
- Recharging yourself starts with you.
- Make the committment to yourself to be the catalyst for the recharging of yourself as a whole.
- Recharging requires you to create and give some time.
- Plan and devote time to do the things that allow for you to recharge at various points.
- You and the Energizer bunny have one thing in common: you may keep going and going, but at some point, you are going to need rest or else you will break down.
- Learn to step back to find things that will help you to relax and recharge your body so that you can last longer over your lifetime. It can be a vacation, a nap, or even a full good night’s sleep.
- Your interests
- You interests can help you recharge your mind, body, and soul because you are doing things that take your mind off of things that prove to be stressful and draining.
- Find things that bring out your fun, creative, and free-spirited side so that you can laugh, play, and even feel refreshed about life in general.
Recharging does not take a lot, but it starts with you making the time to rest and find interests that will allow for you get back the energy that you so badly need.
What are some ways you can recharge?
There are a lot of ways that you can recharge. It just comes back to what fits you. Lori Deschene with Tina Buddha decided to share 40 Ways To Give Yourself A Break. I will list them below. I am know you can find a way or two from list below that can help you recharge your batteries.
- Allow yourself a little extra sleep.
- Take a day off from exercising.
- Skip the stairs and take the elevator or escalator.
- Replace strenuous exercise with something less intense.
- Relax in a sauna or steam room.
- Utilize a detoxifying cleanse.
- Take a break from alcohol, processed food, and sugar.
- Get a massage or trade massages.
- Take a long, hot bath.
- Be mindful of your posture at your desk at work and take breaks to walk around and stretch.
- Take some time to meditate.
- Use a deep breathing technique.
- Give yourself a complete day without any financial worries.
- Set aside some time to play.
- Sing, paint, dance, or otherwise express yourself creatively.
- Go outside and immerse yourself in nature.
- Close down the multiple tabs on your computer screen and instead single-task.
- Indulge in a guilty pleasure.
- Take a day off from negative, draining people.
- Simply sit.
- Metaphorically release emotions.
- Practice observing your feelings instead of getting caught up in them.
- Utilize progressive muscle relaxation.
- Count successes.
- Replace regrets with dreams.
- Create a worry window.
- Make it a label-free day.
- Cry if you need to and are able.
- Write down the things you’re grateful for.
- Eliminate should for a day.
- Make a conscious decision to spend the first portion of your morning tech-free.
- Commute without technology.
- Take a completely tech-free hour.
- Plan unproductive downtime.
- Decide to check email only once today.
- Identify what you’re really seeking from technology.
- Store gadgets in a place where you can’t see them.
- Technology fast on a weekend day.
- Give your technology a bed time.
- Decide for a day that nothing is urgent.
If you give any or all of these a try, they can help recharge you quickly and get you back to full strength.
I encourage you to take the time to look at your energy level right now. If you feel that you need to recharge, do not hesitate to stop and do it. You deserve as many opportunities as needed to recharge because everything you say, think, and do depends on you being fully charged. Let’s remember that when you do not recharge, you and the world miss out on the opportunity to see you at your best, but when you are recharged, you are at your best and people get to experience your best.
I have a few questions to ask you in which I would love for you to give some thought. Feel free to answer and comment below.
- How often do you need to recharge yourself?
- What are a few ways that you like to recharge yourself?
- What would you recommend to someone who continuously run low on power and energy?
Your answers and comments can help yourself someone else figure out this important question…
- How do you recharge yourself?
-Michael J. Fite