Keep this in mind whenever you find yourself confused and trying to see what it is good about being in such a state of mind.
What does it mean to be confused?
Merriam-Webster defines being confused as:
Unable to understand or think clearly.
Difficult to understand : not clearly organized, expressed, etc.
To be confused is state that we all can be in whenever we run across someone or something that forces us to think a little harder.
Why is a confused state of mind seen a bad thing?
This answer can vary from person to person depending on what it is that has them confused. Here are a few reasons why:
- It can be time-consuming. Depending on the whatever or whomever has a person confused, it can take away time from doing something and placing it on trying to understand what is going on.
- It forces more thought than normal. Some people do not want to think more than necessary about things or people, which can cause headaches and migraines.
- It leaves people lost. Whenever someone is confused over something said or done, it can leave them in place where they do not know where to take in what they have seen or heard.
- It can be hard to comprehend or translate. When a person is confused, they may not be able to understand and put what they thought, seen, or heard into words or actions that make any sense to other people.
Whatever your reason may be, a confused state of mind is only bad when nothing good comes from it.
How can you learn from your confused state of mind?
In the midst of confusion, there is knowledge and wisdom waiting on you to find it. Here is how you can learn from your confused state of mind:
- It is important to stop when you are confused because you do not want to do anything else that can be harmful to you or anyone else.
- You also want to stop so that you can deal with the confusion when it is fresh in your mind.
- Think about it.
- Take the time to think about what it is that has you confused and understand why you are confused.
- Your thoughts can help you process what you have seen and heard.
- Talk about it.
- Talk about your confused thoughts with people who can help you with the thought process.
- Talking to the right people can help you understand the confusion and get the answers you seek.
- Learn from it.
- Take the time to study and learn the lesson from the confusion through asking questions and applying the knowledge to move forward.
- When you learn from your confusion, it will further develop your wisdom, give you clarity, and make you a better person.
- Move on from it.
- Once you are clear on your thoughts, move forward and accomplish your goals.
- When you move on, you leave behind the past and look ahead to your future.
I encourage you to take advantage of your confused state of mind to find the answers you seek. It may take you longer than someone else to figure it out, but it is okay because once you have your answers, it will be well worth the time. Let’s remember that inside of a confused mind are the answers we seek; we become lost until we find it, and that is when we gain knowledge and wisdom.
I have a few questions to ask you, and please give them some thought. Feel free to comment and answer below.
- Have you ever been in a confused state of mind?
- How did you overcome your confused state of mind?
- What knowledge or wisdom did you gain from your confused state of mind?
Your answers can help yourself or someone else deal with their current situation in answering the main question…
- How can you learn from your confused state of mind?
-Michael J. Fite